Anyone else have this problem?

vdickens
vdickens Posts: 11
edited September 24 in Success Stories
I'm new here (about a week and a half so far) and encountered an interesting problem today. I came home and was putting away my groceries when I realized I had no more room in my produce drawer of my refrigerator. I took over part of the meat/cheese drawer and when I was done realized that it now contained more vegetables than meat and cheese. This is a first for me and a good problem to have, but it hit me as a big change in my life. My fridge is very green when you open it now. This is a success story for me.
Valerie

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    That's awesome, keep up the great work!!!
  • Mine is the same way. I buy veggies and fruits (well the ones that my son can have). That is awesome on the victory! :heart:
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    That's a fantastic problem to have!
  • moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Not the same as all my veg is frozen but my cupboards and freezer used to be bare as I would eat a lot of take out like mcdonalds. Now they are full with filling but healthy foods. Good feeling to know you are making a good change.
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Congrats!!! Stay focused, and use the board to your advantage. This site is a wonderful place for support!
  • Haha! I just had that same "problem" and realization this past weekend. I opened my fridge and saw water, milk, celery, carrots, grapes, strawberries, etc, etc, etc...all good food. It made me smile at my families progress. It was even better when I opened the freezer and instead of frozen pizzas, high fat red meat, snacky high fat foods, ice cream, and such I saw frozen turkey, chicken, low calories/fat desserts (because we all need a little indulgence every now and then :wink: ) and more frozen veggies and fruits.

Keep it up and yes, be VERY proud of your fridge make over :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    I have the same problem! Mine is full of fresh fruits and veggies and tons of low fat cheese! I love cheese!! It is a good problem to have though!
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    That is so great!! Keep up the good work!!!!:wink:
  • debi2400
    debi2400 Posts: 2 Member
    Thats so funny! Mine was the same way. I even told my son, who is away at college, that I don't even know who's kitchen I'm in LOL It certainly doesn't look like mine.
    Congrats to you!!!!
  • Thanks everyone for the encouragement. The best part is I'm discovering that I like far more fruits and veggies than I thought I did. Who knew healthy was so tasty?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Oh Yes my fruit and veges have taken over the whole two bottom shelves as well as the 2 vege compartments
  • Thats not a problem girl! That is a VICTORY!!!:drinker:

Keep it up! Your next "problem" will be, your clothes are all too big.
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    I don't call it a problem - I love that I eat way less meat than I used to. I am trying to shop twice a week , rather than once weekly, so that I have fresher veges/ fruit in the fridge.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!