Any suggestions?

Options
I have recently been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, and my doctor and coach have told me I need to lose some weight fast and become very active. I'm brand new to the world of exercise and counting calories or dieting. So far I'm having trouble cutting down on my food intake, because I'm going over my daily recommended calories and I'm hungry all the time!

What can I do to eat less but stay more full?

Replies

• katt92
    Options
    Try hitting the gym more often it will curve your appetite . It sucks at first but it gets so much easier and you'll did yourself loving it . Plus you'll be able to eat comfortably once you start burning all those calories .
  • nayantara337
    Options
    Do you usually offset your exercise calories (burned) by eating to cover them? So if I burn 200 calories in a day, can I eat that whole amount to lose weight, or do I need to eat less than 200 calories?
  • 7RandomNames
    Options
    Honestly, it might just take a little while to get used to eating less, and you'll probably only be able to eat the foods you crave every once in a while. It's a big adjustment. Focus on foods that are high nutrient and low calorie. Foods high in fiber will keep you feeling full, and when you're hungry between meals go for vegetables or fruits. If you're a busy person who relies on fast food, start preparing meals that you can keep in the fridge and grab to take with you when you leave, or keep a low calorie snack bar in the car or your purse/backpack/etc. Things like that will make a difference.

If you are exercising and enter your calories burned on here, it will tell you how many extra calories you've earned to eat that day. Take advantage of them.
  • alainabanks
    alainabanks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try eating meals that consist of complex carbohydrates and lean protein 6 times a day, but smaller portions. You will be hungry at first because you should be at a lower calorie intake then what you are used to, but dont worry the hunger goes away eventualy!
  • alainabanks
    alainabanks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And drink alot of water too. You should drink at least 90oz of water a day when you are working out. This will help with hunger and the more you can maintain your calorie recomendation the sooner you will reach your goal!! Good luck to you girl!