Eating rubbish

Options
On Friday I am traveling to see my boyfriend and we are going out for a meal with friends to a really nice Chinese restaurant which will be a set menu for four and include duck, deep fried stuff etc...

Anyway i am kinda wondering about the damage from going off plan once, and I am guessing it will be way off plan...I read about cheat days and calorie cycling etc and wonder what the best bay to approach this is? Should I limit my calories all week and then blow out Friday or eat as normal (1200 cals +/- exercise cals) and have Friday as a cheat day?

Also if I were to totally eat and drink loads how long would it take to get back on track and what would be the situation weight wise?

Hope you understand this and thanks for any comments!!

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I would track it ALL even if it went WELL over my allowance.

If you're being accountable, that means for the 'bad' days too.

Enjoy! And just log it :-)

It won't ruin much...just get right back on track. Or maybe order things not fried. :-) After a couple of days, and lots of water, you'll flush out the bloat.
  • jrusnell10
    jrusnell10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I watched an episode on Dr. Oz recently (past month) that stated giving yourself a free day is good. I don't remember the exact logic behind it, but it was something along the line of it shocking your body. I think that if you are counting your calories and exercising then your body may get used to it and if you give yourself a free day it shocks your body and kicks your metabolism into overdrive. Don't quote me but that's how I interpreted it. I actually give myself a free food day once a week. When I specify "free food" I mean that I atleast excercise on the day of my free food day. However, I also take a free day from working out every three days and I just make sure I follow my calorie intake according to this site on those days. The free food days haven't caused me to gain weight so you will probably be fine, but everyone is different. I generally count my calories all day, but if I plan on going out for dinner for a special occassion I don't worry too much about it. Hope this is helpful.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    WELL WELL ...HARD QUESTION BUT I WILL TRY. WELL YOU KNOW 3500 CAL IS A POUND + / - SO FOR EVERY 3500 CAL YOU EAT WITHOUT BURNING OFF YOU SHOULD GAIN 1 LB!! NOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.. I DON'T BELIVE THAT WORKING HARD TODAY WILL MAKE A DIFFERENTCE TOMORROW IF YOU GO OVER. IF YOU ARE OVER YOU ARE OVER. YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW HARD YOU HAVE TO WORK TO LOSE WEIGHT. NOW IF YOU WORK VERY HARD THE WEEK BEFOR AND LOSE EXTRA WEIGHT ONLY TO GAIN TO BACK THAT DAY / OR GAIN IT THAN WORK HARDER TO LOSE IT. I WOULD PLAN TO HAVE A BAD DAY YOU NEED ONE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. JUST PLAN FOR IT ..LOG IT... AND FORGET IT.. (THEN WORK IT OFF. IT WILL SET YOU BACK

IF YOU WERE ON A DIET THAN THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU SHOULD EVER THINK ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT..

BUT YOU SHOULD BE ON A LIFESTYLE CHANGE THAT MEANS THAT SOMETIMES LIFE WILL THROW THIS STUFF AT YOU, SO TAKE YOU NIGHT OUT AND HAVE FUN AND BACK TO THE GAME AFTER

HOPE THIS HELPS

F.Y.I. I DID ALMOST THE SAME THING 2 DAYS AGO AND IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
  • 90poundsoflard
    Options
    I try to be extra careful before and after. I have just recently started EatStopEat, where you fast two days out of the week and eat normally the other 5 days. If I know ahead of time that I'll be eating out and won't be able to choose what I eat, I like to plan a fast for the 24 hours before the meal. If you have any questions on EatStopEat, search EatStopEat......what worked for me (I think that's the name of the topic - it will at least get you to the right place) If you decide to do nothing different, don't let it discourage you - it is one meal, just get right back into eating right. Good Luck and ENJOY the Chinese food!
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deprivation of favorite foods can lead to bingeing and falling off the wagon. Eat clean the rest of the day beforehand, put in a little extra exercise the days around it, and like the poster mentioned earlier LOG EVERYTHING. Oh, and avoid alcohol if you can; it can really put a hold on inhibitions and common sense.

Enjoy yourself! Food is one of life's pleasures.