Protein powder

Options
I am wondering if it would be a good idea for me to go and get some protein powder and start adding it into my diet. I do a intense kettlebell work out once a week, zumba twice a week, and do weights and ellpitcal one day a week. I do have a hard time eating back my exercise calories and I have read that this is a good way to add good calories to your diet. I was thinking of buying Jilian Michael's whey protein powder. Has anyone tried it and do you like it?

Replies

• maaalloryy
    Options
    I used to use Jillian's protein, but it doesn't dissolve very well, so you end up with a chunky drink. It's only 15 grams of protein (100 calories) per scoop. I have Pro Complete 40 now, & it tastes and dissolves better. It has 20 grams of protein & 100 calories per scoop. It's not much more expensive, and it's totally worth it!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    bumping because I was looking into powder ...because i never reach my protein goal...it's a rare occasion when I do!
    I'm not sure much about it!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% whey isolate, 24grams of protein and 120 calories per scoop. I have vanilla ice cream flavor, it is delicious when I mix with milk. It's decent mixed with water.

Recently it has been clumping! I think I am not shaking fast enough after dropping the scoop into the milk, dunno. Many days I'd have no trouble mixing the powder.

Since I have started using this powder my weight loss has slowed, but I cannot offer any direct connection with my loss and use of powder. Maybe my diet has gotten worse, maybe I'm just on a plateau.
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I use muscle milk 100% whey. It's not clumpy at all. :tongue:
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like Protein + 130 cal & 26 protein per scoop.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joes Soy Unflavored every day-- I can't stand "drinking my calories" so I add it to my Chobani Plain Greek yogurt everyday (it makes the yogurt even thicker!) and flavor it with a little Stevia and Cinnamon.
  • johncinarch
    Options
    I like Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate....it has a great taste and mixes instantly....1 scoop is 117 calories, 2g fat, 2 carbs, 15mg cholesterol, and 24g protein. The rich chocolate flavor is my favorite. It tastes good with just water.