New to MFP

Options
My name is Ashley. I need to change my body. I'm a very emotional eater past 10 years i gain 10 lbs a year. I have to force myself to eat in the spring / summer time. I lose my apetite that time of year. I eat healthy food almost all the time. I need some help cause its hard for me to exercise cause I have a slight rapid heartbeat. I do walk everyday.

Replies

• LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley!! Welcome to MFP...good luck on your journey!! This is a great site, full of great people and lots of support! Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

Leslie
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    I love it here! I have had greatr success and ive only been here for a month. U can add me too.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello, Ashley. You can add me as a friend and support if you wish. This is the best site ever for weight loss!! So many people happy to help.
  • a_rodgers
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me.
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I like to walk to....there is nothing wrong with that, it's great excercise. I have a 90 beat per minute resting HBeat so I understand. I know people that have lost TONS of weight just walking their dogs daily. It seems the more I walk, the faster I can go and I don't feel like my heart is pounding out of my chest. I had a stress test and could get my heart to the limits they wanted becuase I could do the incline so well....as long as you have had your heart checked out, don't let it stop you! I am a 16/18, hoping to be a size 10. Lost 4 Pounds in 25 days so far just logging my food and excercise in here. It just makes me more aware. Good luck!
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site has helped me SO much-when I feel like eating something I shouldn't-I just come here and it works!! You will be surprised!!
  • classyagent
    Options
    My brother and sister in law started me on this site and I love it! Tracking my food and exercise now seems normal. After losing 20+ lbs by starving myself, I now know how to maintain or lose the right way!
  • a_rodgers
    Options
    I do get my heart checked I go back in june. My doctor thinks 94 beats per minute is normal for me.After I do carido workouts my heart rate is at 180 I know that is dangerous for me. I'm a size 24 hoping to go back to my size 10 or go to an 8.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley, what a great start introducing yourself. Browse around, there is a lot of good info here. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am pretty new here myself. Good Luck, enjoy the process and don't expect overnight change (I am saying that for me as much as for you!)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley,
    You have come to the right place. Any movement that your are doing is better than no movement. I hope that the doctors figure out your fast heartrate. Mine was low magnesium took them forever to find it. As long as I stay on it mine stays pretty normal . Only took them a year to figure it out but thats normal where i live at. Good luck to you!!
  • a_rodgers
    Options
    thank you for the advice
  • strengthinme2011
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I am new to this site thanks to a friend who told me about it. My name is Brian from Texas. I had major back surgery in February 2010 after being in a car accident. I began working out in September 2010. I love the gym now, go at least 4 times a wk. I am wanting to lose weight and be healthier. I used to be very active but now it will take time to build strength again since my back is not as strong but I am determined and excited. I have lost about 25lbs since I started working out. I look forward to giving you all an update on my progress as I take this life challenge and get fit!
  • a_rodgers
    Options
    Welcome Brian you can add me as a friend