New and need friends and motivation!

Options
I joined the site back in January. I am just now figuring out the message board and friends. I started this site so I could track my calories each day as I try to lose weight, but have really enjoyed the message board and posts as well. I have 4 boys (a 16 and 3 year old and two step sons that are 15 and 17). I had my last son at 35, and I am having a hard time losing the last 20 pounds from pregnancy. I never had trouble in the past losing weight or maintaining my ideal weight. Now, I am really struggling just to lose a few pounds and keep it off. I am sure my age has a lot to do with it too. I have been back in the gym now for 2 months and watching my calorie intake, but progress has been slow. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and topics and could use the support.

Replies

• heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy. Sending you a friend request. :)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'll send a friend request. I know as I get older, the weight is definatley harder coming off!!
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 4 here feel free to add me !!
  • sharonjoy99
    Options
    I just started today and have a goal of losing 50 pounds. I will be 50 this year and it is finally time to lose the weight. I can use all the inspiration and support I can get. We can support each other on our journey.
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Mom of 2 boys. You can do it just be patient. Ppl say it's better to come off slow than fast because its healthier. Good luck!!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hi Chrissy, This board is great and the members are wonderul. You're right as you get older it gets harder to lose weigt. When I was young and would hear older woment say it gets harder I was skeptical and thought they just didn't try hard enough! LOL Well the laugh is on me now! I am living it now but I'm sure if we keep at it, it has to come off sooner or later!!!

I'll send you a friend request. Good luck with your weight loss.

Joan
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome aboard! =)
  • kiki40
    kiki40 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Chrissy,
    Welcome! I have sent a friend request. Best of luck to you!
  • swylie
    swylie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm always looking to meet new people!! :smile:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I am sending you a request. The support and motivation on here is just awesome!
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm new here as well! =)
  • chrissydement
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and friend requests!
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    I started in mid-January too - loving the support from my MFP friends - the more the merrier. Will send a request now:)
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Chrissy! I'm new here and searching for some new friends, too! :)
  • gradmonkey
    gradmonkey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ditto. New here as well and would love the motivation! Add me plz! :wink:
  • aheartlesshand
    aheartlesshand Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also looking for support and new buddies I will send you a request!
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    ahhh! mfp to the rescue! isn't this site GrEaTTTTT!