Finally in the 180's! Need a boost!

Options
Well, i've been having some trouble sticking to my calorie goals each week and seem to be slipping a lot..I usually allow myself one cheat meal a week, and end up having several. I was in the 190's for 3-4 months and now when I finally see 180's..keep slipping. So anyone who is having the same problem, feel free to add me..also goes for those who are in the late 180's trying to get down..hopefully do so and commit to our calorie goals.

Replies

• DeannaOnline
    DeannaOnline Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know there is a lot of conflicting ideas on this - but I think one cheat meal a week could be too many depending on your size and the what you are eatting durring that meal...

If you are doing enough work to lose one pound during the week, you could easily be gaining that one pound back on a cheat day if your cheat day includes a chinese buffet! :-)

You might want to move to a cheat "meal" every other week or something - try doing the math on calories in/out, you might be surprise! Especially as you lose weight and get closer to your goal because it gets harder and harder to lose!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I dont do cheat meals cause my brain wants to cheat more then that.
  • jamesadcox
    Options
    I dont do cheat meals cause my brain wants to cheat more then that.

So true they only time I find myseld cheating is when I am out of town on business, or one special occ...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I know alot of people do cheat meals but it is hard to cheat just once a week and also to lose weight if you cheat. I do have treats now and then like starbucks or frozen yogurt but only if I can fit it in to my calories for the day. So if you want to eat a special meal still track it and if you need more calories for the next meal or go over exercise, so that you dont end up going over for the day. Just my 2 cents
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I just feel the need to have a cheat every week..i feel deprived if i didn't.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too, been at a plateau for 3 months and having too many cheats. I'm already your friend but we can try to keep each other accountable and on track.

Today is my first day back on track in about 2 weeks. I have a good day then a bad day then a good day etc so I've done okay but haven't had a solid good week for a bit now.

Its hard to get back on track.
  • DeannaOnline
    DeannaOnline Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just feel the need to have a cheat every week..i feel deprived if i didn't.

Do you track the calories on your cheat day? If you don't you might want to 0 at least once, you might be undoing all your hard work. If you have stopped losing, then something isn't working...