Turning 50 this year!

Options
I am joining today with a goal of 50 lbs the year I turn 50. I am married with a son in college. My husband and I live in Florida and play golf year round. I have gained and lost weight all my adult life. It is time to finally take the weight off and keep it off.

Anyone else turning 50 and finally looking to make a change?

Join me on the journey.:smile:

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 48 this year and started taking my health pretty seriously about 2 years ago. I'm now at a good weight and run 10K's and half marathons to keep in shape.

Never too late to start.

Good luck on your journey.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in December and am so tired of the yo yoing I do. I start, I stop, I try, I dont. Having a hard time realizing this is a way of life and I will not die if I do not stay on a strict and narrow road. Here is to wisdom with age and hopefuly 50 lbs.
  • mikerox
    Options
    Me!
    December 3rd.
    Looking to lose 50.
    On my way. Good luck to you.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well today is Wednesday and I usually binge today because my husband is out ot town and I eat what I want. Well today is going to be different. I have started my water and have mapped out my food for the day. How is everyone else doing?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My big 5-0 is in June. I've lost 21 lbs since December 15th; and have another 25 to go to make my birthday goal.
  • charmckay
    charmckay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Well done for taking this huge step
    I am 53 feeling old and unfit my life is going to change now I have taken control.with the help of this great site and great people here,