Peanut Butter

Options
You know how some peanut butters seperate up top? Well, I like a really thick peanut butter, so I was thinking about just pouring out that top layer of oil. Has anyone done this? I don't want to completely screw it up, but at the same time, it has so much fat in it. I was going to pour it into a clean container so I could always pour it back. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried this.

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I don't have this issue I switched to an organic peanut butter no hydrogenated oils. Try one or just try to find a peanut butter without hydrogenated oils. I haven't had an issue since I have been buying them without that added ingredient. In peanut butter I keep it to as few ingredients as possible. So maybe its the kind you are using, also good question I am not sure. Sorry for the lack of help!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I pour it off b/c it grosses me out! I don't know if it messes it up nutritionally though :)
  • minesc
    minesc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try Maranantha No Stir peanut butter. I wouldn't toss the oil in other peanut butters, jus stir it up really good.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Try Maranantha No Stir peanut butter. I wouldn't toss the oil in other peanut butters, jus stir it up really good.

Mm that is the exact one I currently have a jar of at home :)
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I never had that problem but I recently switched to Jiff all natural
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You could make your own peanut butter and then you control the amount of oil in it. I looked on Google and there are lots of simple peanut butter recipes.
  • AshleyR84
    Options
    I've done that before, but I accidently poured too much and it left the peanut butter really dry crumbly! I couldn't even spread it out! My advice is just don't pour out all of it! I use Smuckers natural peanut butter (both chunky or creamy). There are no hydrogenated oils in it - what you are pouring out is pure peanut oil! Since you are getting rid of the oil (fat), it would decrease the fat content, but I'm not sure by how much.
  • 7RandomNames
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend pouring out the oil, as it will likely make your peanut butter too hard and difficult to spread. However, if you do, microwaving the jar for a few seconds might make it easier to spread without the oil. Might. I have never tried.
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never had that problem but I recently switched to Jiff all natural

YES! Jiff all natural is delicious! The separating peanut butter creeps me out but this one doesn't have this problem. yum!