First time triathlete

Options
Hey everyone,
I just started on this site about a month ago to help me in my weight loss goal and healthier eating habits. I am also training for my first triathlon on June 5th and i'm looking for other newbies as well as experienced people for support and to trade good tips with. I'm from upstate NY so all have been doing is running and yoga for my training so far, but i'm really excited to get going.
Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• slimmins
    Options
    HI, I just started using this application myself to get back on track with my diet. I lost about 70 lbs the last 2 years and completed my first 2 triathlons last summer (1 sprint and one olympic distance) Good luck on your journey and I know your going to love triathlons. The sport and community is like no other. Check out http://www.beginnertriathlete.com. I found it to be a very valuable resource and a great community to support you on your journey. They also have free training plans and a lot of other triathletes both new and seasoned to guide you on your journey! Have a great one!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is awesome! Lots of friendly, knowledgeable and supportive people. I'm doing my first tri April 10 and have already committed to my second one on May 1 as well. I'm happy to help in any way that I can! I sent you a friend request. Good luck reaching all your goals!!
  • runteachrun
    Options
    just a bit of advice: make sure you swim enough if you are not a strong swimmer. i've done two sprint triathlons and swimming takes it out of you, so get in the pool and it builds your running endurance as well :)
  • mehstewart
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support :)