Down 8 pounds, and a small victory...

Options
So... I'm in San Antonio, 7th fattest city in the nation, on my first business trip since starting mfp. It's a ROUGH day, very stressful, don't think I'll finish in time to fly home, blah, blah, blah. The stuff that makes me REWARD myself with calories. I'm driving around looking for Home Depot and what do I see? Texas Roadhouse! (Keep in mind, this town is wall to wall food, fast and otherwise, and it's all unhealthy. :sad: ) O, what I wouldn't do for a big steak and those fattening, evil rolls! But what's next door? GOLD'S FREEKIN' GYM! So....TOTALLY out of character, I do the Depot, then hit the gym for an hour, then drive right by the Roadhouse and find a lousy H-E-B (low quality grocery) and scour their isles for "clean" food for my hotel room.

MFP, what did you do with the real Crazy Steve!?!

My diary survives day one. :laugh:

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Dude you are my hero! That takes some amazing willpower and forward thinking. Well done :)
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    I admire your willpower!!! I don't think I could have passed up the Roadhouse! Congratulations!!! One step/day at a time. Good luck!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • kdp552
    kdp552 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go Steve! Stay strong!!
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    what a great success! awesome job :happy:
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That was NO SMALL VICTORY.....any use of sheer willpower is a huge victory. Rock on you!
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is SOOOO impresssive! Way to go!! :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Litte victories mean so much!!! Great job!!!! Wahoo!!! !:bigsmile:
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yay! thats how we reach our goals!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I know I would have done the roadhouse first. So you have a lot more dedication than I have at this point - Excellent work!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    don't worry, the cravings will go away. i have been 99% compliant & no cheating (although my friends say my cheat, isn't a real cheat in their book) & after 6 wks, those bonless buffalo wings & skittles... aren't even a temptation anymore
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's not a small victory, that's a *HUGE* one!! :bigsmile: Awesome for you, and inspirational for us!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Just out of curiosity I looked up Milwaukee assuming that it was #1 fattest but to my shock it was #15 FITTEST!!

I'm scratching my head...
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great Job!!!!

Whenever I am able to say no it just makes me excited to make more progress! Trips are so hard (I am a fast food junkie) and I have a conference at the end of this week!!! thanks for the motivation! :)
  • heartsmart63
    Options
    You are inspiring CrazySteve! Less than a pound is a victory!:flowerforyou:
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everybody.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Fantastic! That is wonderful!

I live in a small town and we do not have any fast food places here. But my first day in the "big city"...it was horrible trying to fight away the McD's fries! (But I too, survived)

Keep up the hard work! Soon enough, those nasty, fatty foods will disgust you!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Way too go!!!! It definitely is a victory and testament to the fact that the way you think about food and exercise is changing!!!! Fantastic....Keep up the good work :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!