New to MFP, looking for buddies (especially other runners :)

Options
Hi everyone! I just joined MFP about a week ago and I love the community here! My goal is to lose only about 10 more pounds while improving my overall strength and fitness. I've been getting into running over the past few months and would love a few MFP friends who are also either just starting out with running or are regular runners who might want to exchange some encouragement with a newbie!

So, is anyone else out there getting into running for the first time? What are your running goals, and what are the best tips you've heard for overall fitness improvement?

Feel free to friend me! I'd love some MFP buddies to cheer on, runners or not :)

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Add me add me! Im a slow runner, but im determined! :)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner runner/triathlete. Doing my first 5K March 12 and my first tri April 10.

MFP has been INCREDIBLE for me to help reaching my goals. I am obsessive about entering my food and getting my workouts in. But, the support and friendliness of people here is unbelievable. There's also a lot of very knowledgeable people around to answer questions.

I've sent you a friend request. Good luck reaching your goals!!
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

We have some commonalities - I am hoping to lose about 10 (15 would be great) lbs and am also a runner. I have never been fast, but have loved to do it for fitness and have done some long distance races in the past. My weakness, and the source of my spare tire is my sweet tooth, which is awful! :)
  • Rkimbrough
    Rkimbrough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody I just join tonight & I was told it's a lot of support out there
  • Rkimbrough
    Rkimbrough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody I just join tonight & I was told it's a lot of support out there
  • cjwilson57
    Options
    Hi! I also joined about a week ago and am trying to loose about 15 lbs. I also am a beginning runner. I joined the "Couch to 5k" program and I am on week six. I'm going to run my first 5k the end of March. I really like doing the calorie counting. By watching how many calories I am taking in, I seem to not want to eat as much. :)
  • incognitopotato
    incognitopotato Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Nice to meet so many of you.

I'm a very slow runner, like a lot of you, but you know what they say: you have to walk before you run :)
  • Heidi_015
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! I am trying to lose 10/15 lbs and want to start running, even though I have never been much of a runner! I am trying to figure out how to not be out of breath after a mile. :) My goal is to get in shape for June. I signed up for the Warrior Dash in my area and am using it as fun motivation to get me moving! :)
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also new to running, working on a modified C25K program, starting with running 2:1, slowly working my way up to 30 minutes of straight running. I am really enjoying it so far!
  • BrittBritt117
    Options
    Hi!! I'm new here, too. I've been trying to run more because I hate how hard it is for me, so I know it's a good workout.....lol. Though I'm horribly slow, but it's pretty exciting when I can do it for even 10-15 minutes straight - which is a huge deal for me since I could finally run a mile straight for the first time in my life a few months ago! haha. Good luck. =)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    hey all, feel free to add me as well. im a beginner runner. looking at doing a 12km fun run in september in 75 mins

current PBs are 3km in 19:50 and 5km in 40:00.

not running the whole distance yet tho.