Homeopathic Cure for Sinus Infection / Allergies?

Options
I love my Sudafed, but I'm afraid if I buy another box this month the Feds will be knocking on my door LOL. Does anyone have a good homeopathic cure for congestion? Essential oils, etc.? I would love to stop taking sinus pills, allergy pills, and all the rest if possible! Thanks!

A Very Stuffy Me. :frown:

Replies

• emily410
    Options
    Have you tried a Neti Pot? You can get them at health food stores. I like mine okay, but some people swear by them!
  • flying_woman
    Options
    Sinus rinsing. I use a NeilMed sprayer instead of a neti-pot, but any way you do it, do it. It's a huge improvement.

http://tinyurl.com/4w8bsvz
  • gracemtn
    gracemtn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Neti pot. The only way I survived while breastfeeding my LO because I wasn't allowed my normal allergy meds. I later learned that my allergies are not as bad because of the neti pot.
  • dmalexan
    Options
    What state do you live in? There is something called Network spinal analysis and if you go regularly it can fix just about anything. It helps to release energies in your body and leaves a happier and healthier you! If you live in a state with a practitioner you might try going once or twice a week and maybe you won't get sick as often.

Let me know if you have more questions!
  • dbthorpe59
    Options
    Sinus busters spray. I think you can get it at Wal-mart. It hurts for a few seconds but it is worth it. I get sinus headaches that turn into migraines and I stopped having them after i tried the spray.
    or
    Neti -pot
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I love my Claritin-D... year round. But, when funds are short, I go without. During these times, I just make sure to drink an excessive amount of water (10+ cups a day) and that tends to help.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Definitely the neti pot. If you use it daily, it helps tremendously. Also, buy some local honey. 2-3 teaspoons a day will help lessen seasonal allergies, if you start taking it now before the pollen starts flaring up.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    neti pot all the way. i think that's also what's wrong with me. thanks for the reminder.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sinus rinse!!! You can make your own with home ingredients by looking up the recipe online. It's basically water, baking soda, and salt.
  • Xenocat
    Options
    I suffer from sinusitis. I've tried every OTC and Prescription sinus medication there is. NONE worked to the point where I felt I could breath clearly through my nose. Then, one day I was randomly surfing the internet, and I came across a small little blurb on some random site with something they said works. Ill paraphrase it, since I didn't save the link.

"clogged sinus, inflamed by means such as allergies, are the result of your body reacting to a foreign irritant. (Allergies, fungus, bacterial or viral, etc) What you need to do is to tell your body that the inflammation of the sinus is impacting you in a negative way, thus forcing it to stop the inflammation, and return the sinus cavities to their normal state."

"All you need to do is hold your breath! Take a deep breath, and hold it till just at the point you feel you need to take a breath, then slowly let it out. Take in another big breath, and hold it. Release it when you feel the urge to take a breath. Do this 3-5 times, and you will feel your sinuses beginning to open up"

I had nothing left to loose, and everything to gain (saving a ton of money on meds, haha) and I will say, for me, it works VERY VERY well. When I can feel myself getting stuffed up, I just do the breathing thing, and in about 5 minutes, the stuffiness is gone. Now, its not a permanent fix, and you will, as allergies tend to do, clock up again. But the good thing is, you can just do the breathing thing again to clear it up.

Anyway, give it a shot.. either it'll work or it wont, but for me it's been a REAL life saver.