ladies only - that time

Options
I am just wondering how much weight everyone gains at that time of the month. I am there for the first time since seeing weight loss on MFP and gained 5 pounds which is almost everything I lost. Is this weight really going to go away once this time is over/ I am drinking as much water as possible and sticking to the calories. I'm just afraid if I only lose 4 or 5 pounds a month normally then I gain 5 at that time every month I'm never going to get anywhere.

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    this month i gained 1.6lbs, hoping it will go away by the first....:-/
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 3 lbs. But it always seems to go away the last day of my period. I have found that drinking lots and lots of water really helps. hope this helps
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I must be an exception to the rule. I've never noticed any kind of weight gain at all during my TOM.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I lost .9 the week before TOM...it totally snuck up on me because of that, I didn't realize it was that time again already.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have gained as much as 6 lbs....usually averages around 3 though!
  • lraymond558
    Options
    i gain five pounds too but mine goes away the day i get my period. its all like leading up to it that im all bloated and heavier. eat MUCH LESS salt as you will already be retaining water, but still drink tons of water. also Vitamin C is water soluble, so it helps flush the extra water out. just makes sure you eat low salt!!!!!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    I seem to put some weight on while I am on it but it always goes away afterwards..
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    it's all water retention... up your water intake for the week of TOM and the week following.. that usually helps me to flush it all out. I normally try to stay away from the scale the week that aunt Flo is visiting.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    It's water weight, don't stress yourself out about nature. You can't do anything about it so just expect the gain and know it's not forever. Don't even get near the scale when you know that time is coming. I have an app on my android that gives me a heads up when pms is about to begin so I already know i'm going to be in 'mean' and 'bratty' mode and weight gain is coming. I usually hit the sauna hard when it's that time for me so I sweat the excess water weight. be encouraged, it doesn't stay. just maybe do less sodium think about something else.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 pounds
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I often gain weight also during that time, but it is only temporary. Don't stress out about it. The water weight gain is normal.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The scale usually reads 4-5 pounds heavier the week leading up to it. Then it goes away the day I start.
  • jen051279
    Options
    I guess I'm odd because my weight gain showed up the day before and it still hasn't gone away. In fact it keeps going up. I think this is why I usually give up on weight loss because it seems like I just start to make progress then it is erased.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i gain up to 6 pounds and it doesn't go away til i'm done....
  • DeeJ085
    Options
    I have honestly never payed attention to whether or not I gain weight around that time of the month, but now I might pay attention next time. I would say if I guessed no more than 4 pounds.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Since I started MFP back on December 6th, my TOM has only made an appearance once in December. I am officially 38 days late....and I definitely am NOT pregnant...unless it's the immaculate conception. LOL! I have made an appointment with my gyno to discuss this situation because I can't understand what's going on....I'm usually very regular.