elliptical/treadmill Challenge

Options
Ok, so I just got a new elliptical and it has ifit. It is awesome. I want to post a challenge to record daily your distance during your workout and the time spent to get to your final distance. you can do 10,15,20,30,35,40,45,50,55,60 minute intervals. Just start moving. even if you are a beginner just get up and start moving. Any movement is better than sitting on the couch. If you move for at least 20+ minutes a day you will start to see results. At the end of each week, we will tally up our total distance and see who the winner is. Our week will begin on monday morning. if there are any questions/comments please just let me know. my weekly personal goal is 15 miles a week for now. In 2 weeks, I will up that to 21 but this is where I am beginning. Even if your goal is only 3 miles a week just be proud of your self for making the decision to make positive changes within yourself and your life. You will get to where you can push your self further and go more distance with time. But remember, work at your own pace, don't try to keep up or push farther than you should. This is just a friendly challenge. Someone will always go farther than someone else. But the real winner despite any totals is the person/people that decide to get out of the computer chair or off the couch and just get moving. Good luck to all.

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I am up for this!! I have been on the treadmill for to long...I was just telling my Hubby today that I was going to start on this next week. I may only go for 10 mins, but I use to do 45 mins 5 times a week. So hopefully it wont take me long to get back there...So do we post on our profile everyday how far and how long?
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think as long as we log in in our workouts daily we are ok. That way at the end of the week we can look back and see what our total is with out having to try and remember each day of the week. If you need anything just let me know.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    ok.. thanks!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind doing this...So do we check in here once a week?
  • eouimet
    Options
    yes good idea! i love the elliptical and could use more motivation to get on it more
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Yes we will log our weekly totals on sundays after our workouts for the day. That way you get all 7 days worth of work on here. I will try to keep things up dated as long as there are only a few of us but I don't know how to do all the fancy charts like some other ladies and gentlemen have done on other posts. Sorry. If anyone wants to do that for us though you are more than welcome to do it. Nice to have everyone here.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Well I made it for a whole 10 mins...lol...I may not win but it ischallenging me to get off the treadmill and switch my routine up...
  • CallmeCola
    Options
    Sounds good! I know I'm late but I will start now. I love my elliptical and iPod! Together we are unstoppable. I will do the elliptical all this week and see what type of calories and inches I burn.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Ok, ladies. I must admit, my week is off to a slow start. So far only 1.1 miles. Sick kids, sick me, sick husband. I can only do about 10 min at a time right now. Don't worry though, I will pick it up soon. If not by the end of this week then definently by the first or second day of next week.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Well I made it for a whole 10 mins...lol...I may not win but it ischallenging me to get off the treadmill and switch my routine up...

Don't feel too bad about it right now. We are jsut starting out. Our time will increase over time. don't think of it as a race to beat any of us, but a race against yourself to get up and getting moving more today than yesterday, and so on. Good start. I am happy for you.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Saturday and sunday push harder than normal. Try to get at least 2x as much as you have now. Been a busy week here for me. so far I have 1.5 miles in. So my final goal for the end of the week endign this sunday is 3 miles at least. If you feel energetic enough to push your self a little further then go ahead. Just stay with in your safe area. Have fun, and a great weekend everyone!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    13.5 miles for this week, jogged every day but Saturday. Not too bad for me. The first couple days were rough, but I can already feel my legs getting used to it! Hope everybody had a productive weekend, let's all kick butt next week!
  • MamaJess
    Options
    I was weak this week,. Everyone was sick and I had ball games every night. I did 2.5 miles.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Hope everyone is working hard and doing good this week. Let me know if you need anything.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Ihave been burning the miles up on the treadmill, i only got 2 days in on the eliptical which totals 1.59 miles....Good news is I am up to 30 mins now...YAY ME!
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Ihave been burning the miles up on the treadmill, i only got 2 days in on the eliptical which totals 1.59 miles....Good news is I am up to 30 mins now...YAY ME!
    that is awesome that you are up to 30 minutes. Keep up the good work.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Well I got in 5 miles in this week. How did everyone else do?