Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

exercises for couples to do together?

I have 40lbs to lose and my husband should lose at least 30. I would love for us to find something we can do together, but we just have such a different approach to fitness and weight loss that I don't know if it's possible. He enjoys working outside and taking brisk walks, I like to walk (the pollen is keeping me inside now though) but I really enjoy dancing and am planning to add Zumba and the Wii Golds Gym dance game to my regimen. Are there any men who enjoy Zumba....would it be completely impossible to convince a "man's man" to do it with me? I'd love to lose this weight together...and get back to the fit couple we started out as many years ago.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    My husband and I do Taekwondo together and love it. Are there any physical activities he might like to try that you'd be willing to try with him? I had no idea I would love doing TKD as much as I do. In fact, if he were to quit I would keep going at this point! (We do non contact so there is so actual hitting each other. I don't think I'd like the pain involved and it's way too hard on my body. )
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    What about going on bike rides together?
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    My husband and I play racquetball once a week together. We now also garden together. I dont think I could get him to do Zumba :(
  • lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    What about going on bike rides together?

We live in a hilly neighborhood and the bike seat hurts my nether region too much, hahaha. Plus, I'm avoiding outside stuff for the time being until whatever trees that are blooming now, are done. I am miserable from allergies.
  • Mattress Mambo :wink:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    surprised no one has mentioned ballroom dancing classes.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    If you have a game system like the wii or xbox360 there are lots of fun interactive games you can compete against eachother. winner get's a massage.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Mattress Mambo :wink:

my first thought as well :) haha
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Kayaking :)
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    surprised no one has mentioned ballroom dancing classes.

Try salsa classes! It will remind you of zumba a little, and you can take partners along. Try get his friends girlfriends or wives into it and see how quickly the boys fall into line ;) I know of many clubs in my city that have free classes too.