water

dawny78
dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
When will my body get use to me drinking all this water i pea like a race horse allday long now and I'm getting up at around twice in the night for a wee . Also how much water am i ment to be taking in as i do it by the liter and I'm not sure how much MFP glass full is :)

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    I am not sure when your body will get used to drinking all the water, but it will. You are supposed to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces so if you weighed 200 lbs. you would need to drink 100 oz. of water a day (or 2.83 kg)
  • Hiya Dawn,

here is a water calculator to work out how much you should drink.. http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

I drink around 4 litres a day and like you get up through the night and I am always on the loo but the good thing is its flushing everything out lol

:)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Yes...1/2 your weight in ounces a day...I am having the same struggle but I find ifI get most of it in before 7pm I don tget up as much during the night. But get in at least 8 8oz glasses a day...
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    this site goes by the 8 squared rule - that is 8 glasses each being 8 fluid ounces - or just a bit under 2 liters- this is a safe guideline, if you are active you may need more- remember that in addition to these 8 glasses you are also getting in water from the foods you eat as well as other beverages you drink

there is no one right answer for how much water you need but it IS possible to drink too much water.

the mayo clinic has a good article on this but in general a guideline of between 2-3 liters per day seems to be agreed upon unless the individual has other medical factors to be considered.

the Mayo Clinic link for their nutrition and healthy living guidelines is here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • Your body won't get "used" to it, and you will continue to have to pee all the time. I drink lots of water all the time, and I pee a lot every day.
    Your urine should be almost colorless at all times, this is well hydrated.
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Thank for the info everyone its real hard when your out walking and busting aswell but hey if you gotta go you gotta go , i'd say I'm doing around 2/3 litres a day.
    One thing i really noticed is my skin is soooo sooo soft also keep getting the odd spot break out every now and then. :) I shall take a look at the sites thanks so much everyone .
This discussion has been closed.