Tracking calories for weight exercises?

Options
I noticed the "Myfitnesspal"app tracks calories for cardio exercise, but only tracks the set/reps/weight for strength training. I was just wondering if it does track calories burned because strength training also burns calories. Please correct me if im wrong thanks

Replies

• Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You can keep track of your reps and stuff on the strength training part, but you can also put in "strength training" under the cardio side and it will figure out how much you have burned.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    There is a choice for weight training on the cardio section. Just look for strength training under the cardio option.

EDIT: she beat me to it.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, I entered my strength training twice, once for the exercises listed and again under cardio as "strength training" or something. I also corrected it because I wear a heart rate monitor that shows my calories burned based on my other stats and heart rate, and this site seems to calculate weight training pretty conservatively. It cheated me on both the cardio and the strength training but it allows you to correct it if you know how much you burned.
  • EdwardCPT
    Options
    Thanks alot everyone. I will look into it. got some things to track =)
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor tells me how many calories I'm burning after I entered my age, weight, and it compares that to my heart rate as I train. This website greatly underestimated my calories burned, by more than 50% so if you can afford a heart rate monitor that tracks calories, I would wear that when you train.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like this site for tracking my food because they have an android app, but I prefer fitclick.com for exercise. it have a bigger selection and I think it is more accurate. then I enter it here as general cardio.