Struggling to find good exercises to do at home

kneedsweightloss
kneedsweightloss Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm 18 and live with my younger sister and parents and I was hoping to find some exercises I could do easily at home which won't disturb my family. I'd like to do exercise in my room so dance videos aren't really right, any ideas?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I've heard jumping rope burns more cals than running. Is that something you could do?
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    YOGA, PILATES AND THE STABILITY BALL. U CAN FIND THOSE TYPES OF WORKOUTS ON DVD.
  • Thank you, they're all great ideas!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    theres tonnes of stuff on youtube if you have access to the net in your roomx i use these wheni am bored with my curernt routines
  • you need to work out a program which gives you 20 mins of intensity and covers all body parts....
    10 lunges for legs each leg
    10 pushups for chest
    10 tricep dips for arms
    10 bicep curls using weights in your hands (bottles filled with sand)
    plank hold 30 - 60 secs
    thats one circuit -
    repeat as many times as you can in 20 mins!
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    I'd do pilates and lots of stretches to strengthen muscles. Then I'd consider walking or running if you don't have access to the gym. You could always do this before or after school. Maybe ride a bike?
  • aquilaboy
    aquilaboy Posts: 3 Member
    When you ask for advice, I guess you may hear things that you don't want to hear!
    As a parent of an 19 year old & a 16 year old, I can think of lots of exrecises that would not disturb me. E.G. Wash the car, do some house work, help in the garden, etc. All these activities will be listed on the web with their "calories burnt", they will not involve the purchase of costly sports equipment, they will not involve the cost of gym membership and they will be appreciated by all the family. On Saturday, rather than go for my regular brisk walk, I decorated my room, I can tell you that being up & down a set of ladders certainly put a "glow on". So go for it, shock your parents!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.