Any good recommendations for a home scale?

Options
I want to buy a new home scale for somewhere less than $60. Anyone got a good recommendation?

Thanks!

Replies

• cbrimas
    cbrimas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser scale! I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $16 with a 20% off coupon. The batteries have lasted at least 4-6 months and I use it nearly everyday! I have tried the Salter (?) brand....which was $40 from BBB, it uses a 9v battery and has to be changed at least once a month!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor scale that I love. I've tried Health-O-Meter from Walmart and the weight changes everytime I would step on it, up to 4 lbs difference! My Taylor scale isn't like that and it was like $25?
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I love my Salter body analyser scale, it gives you weight, % fat, %muscle % water and BMI
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor scale that I love. I've tried Health-O-Meter from Walmart and the weight changes everytime I would step on it, up to 4 lbs difference! My Taylor scale isn't like that and it was like $25?

That's too funny! I'm using my ancient Health-O-Meter right now and it seems that I can't keep it at the 0 with nothing on it--I have to adjust it every day! Plus, It doesn't give fractions of pounds as it's the old dial type. :wink:
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I have an Escali digital scale. It's about $25 at Amazon and ships free. They come in a variety of colors, which is nice if you have a color scheme going in your kitchen. It has an eleven pound capacity.

Edit to Add:

Sorry. For some reason i thought you meant a food scale. :o(
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/1130800-Grips-Scale-Pull-Out-Display/dp/B000WJMTNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298377241&sr=8-1

I have this food scale and love it--have had it for about a year and a 1/2 and no problems at all.....

And a nice easy to read Seca scale for weighing. It's simple but good quality and consistent readings.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have an Escali digital scale. It's about $25 at Amazon and ships free. They come in a variety of colors, which is nice if you have a color scheme going in your kitchen. It has an eleven pound capacity.

Edit to Add:

Sorry. For some reason i thought you meant a food scale. :o(

Good to know about food scales too! I've never used one, but have been considering that I may need one down the line as well. Thanks!