Hoping to find a happy medium

Options
walnut
walnut Posts: 216 Member
Hello everyone,
I just joined yesterday. I have been "recovered" from an eating disorder for about 2 years now (every day is still an improvement) and have a fairly consistently positive outlook on my body now. That said, I am technically somewhat overweight and seem to have been gaining weight since the holidays that I would like to lose. Mostly it is about wanting to have a healthy body and feel good in my clothes (without having to buy bigger ones).

This is my first attempt at losing weight since recovery (which I define as a healthy frame of mind and no e.d. behaviors), and I am hopeful that I can do it without falling into old habits. I also hope that this is just about my health and not some kind of subconscious defense mechanism. I am still in therapy, so I do have someone to help me monitor this.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who is in recovery from an eating disorder and is negotiating losing weight in a healthy way as well.

Thanks!

Replies

• walnut
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I just joined yesterday. I have been "recovered" from an eating disorder for about 2 years now (every day is still an improvement) and have a fairly consistently positive outlook on my body now. That said, I am technically somewhat overweight and seem to have been gaining weight since the holidays that I would like to lose. Mostly it is about wanting to have a healthy body and feel good in my clothes (without having to buy bigger ones).

This is my first attempt at losing weight since recovery (which I define as a healthy frame of mind and no e.d. behaviors), and I am hopeful that I can do it without falling into old habits. I also hope that this is just about my health and not some kind of subconscious defense mechanism. I am still in therapy, so I do have someone to help me monitor this.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who is in recovery from an eating disorder and is negotiating losing weight in a healthy way as well.

Thanks!
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    Hey Welcome to a great group!
    sending you strength vibes to accomplish your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hey walnut,
    I am too a recovering eating disorder person.
    There are times when I still have trouble getting over that frame of mind. and it has been almost 25 years. STILL, it DOES get easier as time goes on, Just incorp good habits in place of the bad ones.
    And like Bunny said...
    Good Vibs. Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.Good Vibs.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
    --Diann...
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hello....glad you joined! You will love this site and the people on it are wonderful. Since joining my outlook has done a 180...from losing weight by any means, and for the wrong reasons, to now being as healthy as i can possibly be and working hard, eating right and feeling good about myself! Good Luck :)
  • walnut
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support!

And thank you for sharing, Diann and Carajo. Nice to meet you!
  • cristleb
    Options
    Welcome !

Best of Luck !!:smile: