Just dance 2

Options
Hi I have also posted this on general as was not sure where best to put it. I am loving EA sports on the Wii, however dont want boredom to set in over time. I am thinking of buying just dance 2. Can any of you advise me does it count as exercise and would you reccomend it . Thank you

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Love it! It is fun and if you move with it then you will sweet a little ;-)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    If you really get into it, and not just try to move your controller to get a high score, most of the dances are a great workout! Especially the more you do in a row :) I love it!
  • smcgrath29
    Options
    I have the first just dance and I like it, I also have the MJ dancing game and that I think is a lot harder! But it is def fun if you love to dance and if you are really trying to do the dance right you will sweat! I can play those games for at least an hour or two! Oh and Zumba is good too!
  • yepratt
    Options
    I enjoy trying to master the routine to get a high score. If you place it on continuous shuffle before you know it you would have been dancing for an hour, and would have burned over 400 calories.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Fab Fab Fab need I say more When I do it I log it under Wii Low aerobic/intensity as was originally using Dancing general but thought the cals burned seemed a little high. I dont have an HRM at moment.

What I like about it is I play with hubby and kids (we have a family game night) and it feels like fun rather than exercise, your getting a workout at the same time. dont hesitate play away!

Oh a tip, if you get it, select shuffle in the song choice section as this will continually load up new songs, rather than you stopping and selecting songs, big gap between otherwise, also you dont know whats coming next so keeps you on your toes.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! Although for me it doesn't seem like a great workout. I guess that could be because I haven't mastered all the moves yet. I suppose it depends on how much you get into it as to how much you get out of it.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I use it very often as a cardio workout! ;) According to my HRM, I burn 375 calories for 45 minutes. However, I only dance to the more difficult songs and really get my entire body moving. The loading time between songs doesnt bother me since it allows me to catch up my breath a little and to drink some water.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use JD2 as one of my workout choices. I also use a HRM. I actually hit higher max heart rates than when doing some EASA2 workouts!

So yes - if you treat it like and exercise it will reward you like an exercise!!!