I feel like i have no HOPE....right now!!

Options
I want to give up. But the summer is approaching and I still can't lose the weight like i want. My boyfriend makes it worse he gets the things i like and then say you can do it you don't have to eat it and that’s all true but don't temp me. I went in the store and tried on clothes and started crying in the dressing room and a lady notice me and knock on the door and said baby everything will be okay i opened the door and she was gone but she didn't even know what the problem was. I walk pass mirror at the store and cry i past one yesterday after going to olive garden with a friend and eating chicken alfredo and was so bloated afterward. I looked in that mirror and was DEPRESSED. I don't want to sound like I’m pitty myself but its hard when you have no dam support around you and everyone else is eating and either fat or skinny and just eats. I'm so disgusted with my body. I'm unportportion. I have no gym member ship cause i can't afford it. I just want to say **** it and just hide in my home and just go to work and back. I have NEVER been this big in my life and it is taking a toll on my life. I can't handle stress nor can i handle being big cause I’m use to being thin or just the right size. I need some real encouragement right now. I’m so over this ****........sorry for cursing but this was a well needed vent that i might just post on the support board also. Thanks for listening and sorry for all the bad words.

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    There is always hope,be strong we have all been there.
    you dont need a gym membership.There is plenty of exercise you can do from home.
    Dont give up!
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    I want to give up. But the summer is approaching and I still can't lose the weight like i want. My boyfriend makes it worse he gets the things i like and then say you can do it you don't have to eat it and that’s all true but don't temp me. I went in the store and tried on clothes and started crying in the dressing room and a lady notice me and knock on the door and said baby everything will be okay i opened the door and she was gone but she didn't even know what the problem was. I walk pass mirror at the store and cry i past one yesterday after going to olive garden with a friend and eating chicken alfredo and was so bloated afterward. I looked in that mirror and was DEPRESSED. I don't want to sound like I’m pitty myself but its hard when you have no dam support around you and everyone else is eating and either fat or skinny and just eats. I'm so disgusted with my body. I'm unportportion. I have no gym member ship cause i can't afford it. I just want to say **** it and just hide in my home and just go to work and back. I have NEVER been this big in my life and it is taking a toll on my life. I can't handle stress nor can i handle being big cause I’m use to being thin or just the right size. I need some real encouragement right now. I’m so over this ****........sorry for cursing but this was a well needed vent that i might just post on the support board also. Thanks for listening and sorry for all the bad words.

cheer up! your not alone, this weight thing is literally weighing me down and making be depress and casing me to get sick I think. I have a gym membership but no time to go...I am just too lazy I suppose but having a little one at home who I don't think I spend enough time with makes it hard too. Keep your chin up and keep trying...that's the best that you can do.
  • LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    Don't give up sweetie! We all have days where we feel like this, I have them often but you just have to tell yourself it will all be worth it in the end. Hang in there! xx
  • RunnerKE25
    RunnerKE25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shawna, I know what you're going through. But believe that you can do it! What matters is that you stay focused and keep breathing. Don't give up on yourself or your goals. Take it one step at a time, one breath at a time. I, too am trying to get back into shape...still have 85lbs to lose but I'm going to stay motivated. You can do this! Don't give up! The goal is to stay active. Even if you don't have a gym membership, you can do things at home or take walks, or jog outdoors. I started out dancing.

That's all it was, DANCING! In my room sweating it out to my favorite tunes. I believe you can achieve your goals!
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    keep at it, there are some people out there when ur trying to lose weight try and sabbotage every effort u make but when they try to do this and dont help u just keep remembering that in a little while the weight will be dropping of u and that feeling ur going to have when u can sit there and feel so good about urself and u will have the last laugh good luck
  • maggie1959
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Ok I know how you feel was at the doctor's last night and I have to lose this weight about 100lbs it feels like a mountain too high BUT I am going to do it and we can do this together if you wish ?????

My name is Maggie I live in the Highlands of Scotland I am 51yrs old.

Life can be a ***** sometimes but only you can change it COME ON WE CAN DO THIS.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    does it help to know you're not alone? I mean, I could of written most of what you said, I've been there/am there! You are surrounded by support here, take care!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I think a lot of us who have a few pounds to shift have felt like that. I think what changed things for me was taking control. One day I just decided - this isn't me and I don't want to go on like this, so it is going to change. That was 8 months ago and it has been slow progress. I'm not even halfway there yet, but I know I can do it.

Yes - you will have days that you feel like crap, and you will feel down. WIth me it is usually when trying to find something nice and flattering for a night out. But keep focussed and know that you will get there because you are strong. And there will be somedays that you don't eat as well as you should and go way over on your calories - but that's ok as long as you don't do it often and you get right back onto things the next day.

You will also meet resistance from people. People will try to tempt you and mock you for the choices you are making. They are the ones in the wrong. You know what is best for you - not them. Get the boyfriend told that he isn't allowed to bring fattening food into the house. If he wants to eat it - fine, just not beside you. You'll get plenty of support from people here - I know I have. And they have kept me going over the last 8 months. This is a great community.

*HUGS*

C
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!! We all have those days!! I have always been the tallest and heaviest!! Even of the guys!!! So put some of the energy into doing something to get that stress out! I know it is easier said than done but it really does work. You can do this! I am sure of it! Do what I did, I told everyone Not to bring anything that I love to eat around me! I love sweets so they are not allowed around me right now because I cannot control myself!! One day I will be able to but not right now. Tell your loved ones how important this is to you and that they can truely help by not having these things around you for now!! If you give up the weigh will continue to go up!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am to broke for a gym membership as well, my treadmill broke. Then I decided I can run in place, jump rope, go up and down the stairs...It doesn't matter what as long as you keep your heart rate up. Don't give up! There are so many people here to motivate you and to vent to. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Gmaschmeier
    Options
    I know how you feel. My wife bakes cakes, cookies, pies, and says it's for the grandsons and I am to stay away form it. It is hard to do as she is a great cook. After a month of working out I don't miss the sweets. I am able to walk away from the temptations..

I have tried every quick fix diet known to man kind. Spent thousands of dollars on gyms, pills, foods, and have gained weight.

I know how important it is to have a support group. I now have that support group at work and at home and I have to say that I am doing very well. I have lost 36 pounds in a month and a half. I still eat what I want. With this myfitnesspal and my smart phone I am able to keep track of my caloric intake. At the end of the day I have 300 to 400 left to eat.

You have a support group here. You still need to find some people you know who will help you at home. People who will notice your up and downs a help you with them. Don't give up, my prayers are with you If I can do it anyone can. What also helps me a lot is watching the Biggest Loser on TV. I use a lot of their ideas with my dieting. It works.

Good Luck.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    shawana4, you are in such a unique position :happy: bec' you have a boyfriend (& not the goofy husband situation), you can completely ditch mealtimes with him! You are so young and not too far from where you want to be, girl!

Don't over think this stuff...get your heart rate up for 40 minutes everyday...walk home from work (or w/in reason) if you have to. Grab an apple on your way home, walk-run-walk while your boyfriend pigs out AND TAKES OUT THE TRASH, then when you get home have breakfast for supper (protein: bowl of oatmeal w/cinnamon & raisins or eggbeaters 2/veggie sausage & 1 - 100% wheat...yum).

Don't sit around anyone who is insensitive to you!

You are at the perfect age to shake this mess off ya and outta your mind!

If you have kids, they'll love you even more...if not, man do you have it GOOD when it comes to creating a new you.
    Go for it girl:flowerforyou:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sending HUGE hugs! This past week has been, well, a living heck in terms of my attitude. I'm grateful for my real life and MFP friends for "making" me stick with it. We'll get through this even if it is just getting through one hour at a time! (Erm or in some cases, 10 minutes at a time.)
  • shawana4
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm reading all the post and my joy is shinning through. I'm eating my bowl of oatmeal and drinking this water and i know i can do this. I just needed some ENCOURAGEMENT every now and then. Thanks for lifing me up
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Oh Sweetie how I feel for you!
    Yes we've all been there and some of us go back far too often...
    all the advice you're hearing is good advice.
    1-Breathe
    2-Move (makes you breathe even deeper, your body can be your gym.)
    3-Give your body what you know it needs. Would you eat garbage if your boyfriend offered it?
    4-As our 50+ gals leader says: "To feel self esteem, do something estimable"
    so when you're hurting, follow up the good cry with a brisk walk outdoors. Smile at someone who looks down. Remember to be kind to cranky people, they're hurting too.
    5-And Never never NEVER give up! You are NOT alone. Together we CAN do this! Find a forum you like, invite some folks to be your friends, share your food diary with them, encourage them and they will encourage you.

Let us all know how you're doing.
    Hugs,
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't you dare give up. I got to the point I couldn't go shopping without wanting to break a mirror in the dressing room. I finally said screw this s**t! It's on! I am busting my *kitten* and I AM GOING TO DO IT AND YOU CAN TOO! There are TONS of things you can find online to do in your home..... you can go walking or running.. that's all free! You want to change then who cares if people aren't on your *kitten* feeding you good food. Do it yourself and get it done! I have faith if you try you will conquer. Good luck and don't worry about anyone else... remember this is for YOU!