Where do you measure you hip measurement???

Options
I seem to be reading different places to measure your hips. Does anyone know where is the CORRECT place to measure your waist and hips?

Replies

• dfHartog
    dfHartog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You measure the fullest part of your hips.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Clue is in "hip measurement" ;)

Hip is where the bone is! Yes your bone doesn't shrink, but most people have fat around it, like moi.

Waist is further up under the ribs
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    For your waist, stand in a bra and and look in the mirror, bend sideways at the hip to the left or right. Where you see the crease is where your waist is - this is usually about 2-3 inches above your belly button.

Hips, I measure at the widest part, which is actually LOWER than the bone, and I include the fullest part of my butt.

As long as you are consistent, you will be able to track your personal progress :) And remember to take measurements no more than once a month, it takes a little longer for measurements to change
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    I've been measuring just up my belly button for waist and my hip bone for my hips but my bum is MASSIVE so don't know if I'm doing the hip measurement correctly.

Someone told me that your hip is on average 10 inches more then your waist! Anyone else heard of this? x x x
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring just up my belly button for waist and my hip bone for my hips but my bum is MASSIVE so don't know if I'm doing the hip measurement correctly.

Someone told me that your hip is on average 10 inches more then your waist! Anyone else heard of this? x x x

That just depends on your build. They say that an hourglass shape will have a waist measurement of 10 inches less that her hips.

I have small hips so unfortunately I will never have a perfect hourglass! :-(
  • sbracken
    Options
    Waist, narrowest point between the girls and the belly button.

Hips, widest point making sure to get some booty in there.
  • xerinx2011
    Options

My hips are 15 inches bigger than my waist! As is my top half! Im an oversized hourglass!!
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    Loool I just measured my waist and hips (by the hip bone) and its just over 10 inches difference! My bust is 10 inches less then my hips. DO I have an hourglass figure? I honestly don't know what my body shape is! lol x x x x
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    If your bust is the same as your waist then (i think i worked that out right?) then i would say pear shape if hips are bigger than the waist!