Why can't I lose more?

Options
I have been following MYP since the start of January.

I am sticking to my daily calorie intake and exercise once a week.

I'm really struggling to stay under my limit and am getting really disheartned with it because my weight just doesn't seem to be moving!! Why??!!

Replies

• PhoenixFire975
    Options
    You might not have a big enough goal. What's your daily cal intake goal?
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i totally understand!!! i have been doing MFP for 35 days and my weight has stayed the same for the past 3 weeks (i am almost always under my calories and workout at least 3 days a week) what is wrong with this picture?!?!?! :(
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    Also, you prob need to exercise more like 3-5 times a week.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Possibly not eating enough, drinking enough, portions might be too large, could be a number of factors!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I'm really struggling to stay under my limit and am getting really disheartned with it because my weight just doesn't seem to be moving!! Why??!!

what kinds of foods are you eating. NOt only do you need to stick to your caloric requirements, but you also need to be eating healthy foods. Excercising more than once a week is also important you should aim for at least 30 min 4-5 times a week
  • dzilobommo
    dzilobommo Posts: 73 Member
    Options

You could try upping your exercise to 3-4 times a week - it makes it easier to stay under your calories! It won't necessarily help budge the scales instantly, but you'll be developing a fitter, leaner body - good luck and don't lose heart!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    We are going to need a little more information to give any suggestions. What are your current stats and what are your goals? How many calories are you eating in a day and what do you do for workouts? Your ticker says you have lost 8lbs, is this prior to joining MFP?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? If you are staying under the baseline number - 1200 - then there is a good chance you won't lose weight. Your body will store what you eat and burn up lean muscle mass - especially since you aren't exercising much.

What's nice about the exercise? You get to eat those calories you burned.

Also make sure to drink lots of water so your body knows to release water. And keep an eye on sodium. That can keep the scale numbers up too since it causes you to retain water.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Are you paying attention to the KINDS of foods you are eating & measuring everything? You may be eating more than you think you are!

What about the TIMES of day? Do you have a tendency of eating before bed?

One thing that really helps me to keep on track (and this may or may not help you) is to eat an apple every single day. It makes a big difference for me :-)