Advice on underwear for a lady with a chest that won't budge

Options
OK ladies out there in MFP land, advice please. I have always been a large busted kind of gal, It had got a bit ridiculous when I was lardy fat girl, but I figured that I must have lost some inches from the girls. I tried on a bra I bought in error yesterday and it is way too small in the cup (getting the major four boob) so what should I do? It was a 36 E, so I know that means that I need to go UP a cup size, but I was REALLY hoping that this weight loss might make my underwear buying easier, I am sick of needing to buy mahoosive bras...36 EE or even F really doesn't look good even on the hanger. Last new bra I got my husband laughed at and put on his head....

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use to be similar size to you. When I lost weight before, I just braved it and went to a shop to me measured. I have to say, I was so surprised. The ladies there were great and so helpful and I actually order 4 sets. Plus I was so surprised that I was size 32 something. Brave and and go for it, you might be surprised yourself.

Or try to measure yourself according to this site or similar

http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php
  • Wightvixen
    Options
    It always seems to be the way, that the place you most want to lose from is the last to go (if it ever does at all). I too was hoping to go down a cup size or 2, but although I'm seeing quite a bit of difference on my thighs and waist, the boobs are going nowhere! :grumble:
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK? If so try Bravissimo, there are a few shops dotted about and there's a website - basically bras for big boobs that are actually nice. If you go in the shop for a fitting they'll find you the perfect fit.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am in the UK, and I used bravissimo in the past, I was a 38GG before I lost weight, but I was hopeful that I might end up with a more 'normal' size chest, I would love to be something small and neat like a D (or even a DD) but I don't think that is going to happen. I am a bit despondent as I wanted to be able to buy clothes that fit me rather then needing to buy a size 14 or 16 top to go over my chest (I am wearing size 10 jeans) also I want to buy pretty bras that don't cost the earth (I am on a tight budget) and I find that once you get beyond a DD your choices are limited on the high street.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hi KJ,

I'd definitely get fitted again. I was despondent thought I'd gone up a back size as that's where I was feeling tight and couldn't find and 40+ bras in regular shops. Turns out I'd gone up two cup sizes instead! Bra sizing is a strange and mysterious science.

Once you know what size you are, Avon is a surprising source of pretty bras in a wide range of sizes.

Good luck!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    aha! Avon! I will brave the bra measuring torment later in the week.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    as a uk lass i suggest debenhams the bra fitting service i had in november was top notch, as i was on a budget as well i asked the lady who was doing the fitting to explain how to tell me if i was in the right size or not should i be buying from a more budget range and how to get the fit just right (as in do i need another back measurement or different size cup). she was more than happy to do this and explained that even the ones they stock dependant on manufacturer vary in size and fit which was why she wrote the range my "fitted" bra came from. so i got a couple from there and topped up on everyday plain boring ones from asda
  • gocyndigo
    Options
    I used to be a large chested woman. I lost about a hundred pounds but not one inch came out of massive gals. I lost weight around my trunk so the band size changed but this only seemed to make it harder. I did get fitted properly and found a store that would mail order if I couldn't find what I needed in stock. But, 3 years ago I had a breast reduction. After all of that hard work to get the weight off it was my reward to myself. I am still lovely lady lumped but in a C to a D cup depending on the bra maker. I woke from the surgery walked down the hall and immediately wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. This go round with my weight coming up some (going down nicely now!) luckily my girlz remained close to the same. I went up a size or two. But, I'm not unhappy with that. I mention it just as a thought for you to consider. I know its not for everyone. But, it was the best thing I ever did!