Waist trimmers

Options
I was watching My Strange Addiction on TLC the other night and I saw an episode where a girl wore 7-8 waist trimmers everyday for 23 hours a day. My question is how do you feel about them? I know people that wear them when they exercise. What has been your experience with them? Do they make a difference?

Thanks!

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What are waist trimmers?
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    They are a wide piece of neoprene with velcro on it that is worn around the waist-usually I think- when exercising.
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wear one when I run, partially to help with lower back problems. It helps support my back and encourages me to engage my abs while I'm working out. Does it really make a difference? I'm not sure, but it certainly makes you sweat more and maybe gets rid of some water weight around your middle. I've definitely lost some inches around my hips and waist. You can buy one for less than $10 at Target, so it doesn't hurt to try.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is going to do is make you sweat more underneath it. There is no way that will do anything towards weight loss.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Does it help your back? I have back problems but walking seems to help.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I wear one whilst running and taking a Zumba class....it helps you sweats and I've gone smaller quicker in my waist/hips (I take my meaurements). I tack my top inside my running pants and wear this on top of clothing, soaked after run/Zumba. For me it helps with trimming my waist/hips, at least noticable after only 12lb loss. No harm in getting one, not expensive at all, at least not here in England.
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses! I'm thinking of wearing one atleast to remind me to hold in my abs when I work out...
  • shelia39
    Options
    I wore one last nite and I was sweating like the ****ens....whew, it does help support your core and lower back, if nothing else