Anyone else Maintaining, and how much are you allowed ?

Options
IM 144LBS and am Maintaing im alllowed 1730 calories to keep to this weight, wondered what everyone else was allocated on maintain.

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I would like to keep tabs on this post - I'm 15 lbs away from 130 lbs. My first goal weight...I would like to see some tips

Awesome job at gettin' to a maintainin' goal weight :smile:

BUMP
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Since I exercise pretty much every day, My maintenance calories are around 2300 or so, I weigh 145 lbs. Can't wait to eat that many calories!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    How tall are you, Cat?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My maintenance cals are around 1950 before exercise, I weigh around 145 as well.
  • CatRodger
    Options
    IM 5ft 6"
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 147lbs and MFP tells me if I wanted to start maintaining right now I'd get 1,830 calories a day (:
  • CatRodger
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 147lbs and MFP tells me if I wanted to start maintaining right now I'd get 1,830 calories a day (:

Whats your goal weight ?
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use this calclator to calculate how many calories I am allowed. It is around 1600 to maintain, although I am not at my goal weight now. I will also eat back my exercise calories, so will be allowed to have approx 1900 per day if I burn 300 calories working out. I clicked "sedentary" since I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day. I'd rather overestimate than under so I don't gain.

http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and when I reach my goal weight (130) MFP tells me I'll be allocated 1700 calories per day before exercise. Which is, on the one hand, depressingly low. OTOH, it's 350 calories more than I get to eat right now!
  • kimiel
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and really not sure what my ideal weight should be. I'm thinking around 130 lbs.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options

Whats your goal weight ?

140lbs (:
    Although after I reach that I might decide to lose an extra 5lbs, I'm not sure yet. (:
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and really not sure what my ideal weight should be. I'm thinking around 130 lbs.

Here is a website that gives you an idea of what your ideal weight should be:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

It depends on age, height, and frame size. I am 5'3 and would like to weigh between 115-125.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I set up to maintain even though I haven't reached my goal weight. I plan on getting into some serious weight training which means I will need more calories. Right now I'm at 1500 and would eat any calories burned during exercise.

Since I'll be weight lifting I won't be relying on the scale number. I will be increasing muscle mass therefore burning more fat through the day but my weight might not change (or might go up) since muscle is denser than fat (a pound of muscle is much much smaller than a pound of fat).
  • kimiel
    Options
    Thanks Sherri!:smile:
  • kimiel
    Options
    I'm a good guesser; it said 132!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and weighed in at 158.0 on Saturday. I really didn't want to get below 160. I'm still working on this maintenance thing. My maintenance calories are 1990.

I'm averaging around 600 calories of exercise a day which put me up around 2600 calories a day. During my weight loss, I was eating around 1750 calories a day (took eight months to get to my goal of 170 lbs). I've gotten my eating up to around 2000 calories, but don't want to just stuff it in. I worked too hard to get here.
  • CatRodger
    Options
    Bumping x
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining. I eat 2100 before exercise. I think this turns out to be a very slight deficit for me (like maybe 20 cal/day) so I just call it even. I weigh around 170.
  • polrwht07
    Options
    I'm a big guy, 6'1 around 285, so I allow 2000 calories in my diet everyday but I workout everyday as well. I do body for life, so I take in 5 smaller meals a day, and use all the food as fuel to burn off in my workouts and throughout the day.

I am supposed to put down 6 meals a day, but I haven't been able to eat that much especially with how much water I drink. As of now I'm lost about 16lbs. and it seems to still be falling off.
  • kateslife
    Options
    I am maintaining and was told not to go below like 1500 calories. The calculator thing says for me to have about 1750. As long as your eating healthy food, but not to much of it, you shouldn't lose or gain. Maybe if you exercise, you would also want to eat most of the calories back. 75% maybe?