good low cal breakfasts?

Options
hi

i am looking for some on advice - what do you have for breakfast?

through the week i will have cereal or porridge but at the weekends i would like something different

i pretty much eat any food as well so i am not too fussy

x

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelets are tasty and low calorie, I like to add veggies and hot sauce
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    great idea thanks - love omelettes

x
  • shariann3
    Options
    I LOVE to make breakfast sandwich's using light whole wheat english muffin, 1 scrambled egg (or eggwhite), and laughing cow cheese wedge. Yummy!
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    I like to make a breakfast sandwich with egg whites and use sandwich thins instead of english muffins. I also add veggies and sometimes cheese if I will be doing a heavy workout that day.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    If you love cereal like I do, I enjoy honey bunches of oats, its one of the lowest calorie cereals out there, with a little skim milk its rather low calorie.

Light and fit makes a great vanilla yogurt, you can have a whole cup for about 100 calories, I add granola, and my favorite fruit of choice, and its a descently low calorie too.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually 1/2 cup greek yogurt, cup of berries, and a few walnuts. Yum
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    Try a half of a grapefruit coffeee with two tabelspoons of skim milk and peanut butter toast, or instead of the toast, a berry smoothie made with skim yougurt...MMMMMM!
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to make breakfast sandwich's using light whole wheat english muffin, 1 scrambled egg (or eggwhite), and laughing cow cheese wedge. Yummy!

Ooh I never thought of using one of the Laughing Cow cheeses for that. Thanks for the idea!

I like greek yogurt with a bit of granola or muesli. The higher protein count of the Greek yogurt keeps me full.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugry girl has several recipes for eggs in a cup, you use egg beaters and different ingredients, (they have alot of different recipes!) I have tried a few and they are great!! you make them in a coffee cup in the microwave so are super quick!! look up mug shots for the recipes and follow along and get to where they offer more recipes for them, sssoooo yummy and most are under 200 calories!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1876
  • stacybolstridge
    Options
    I eat one fried organic egg on a whole wheat english muffin with one slice of cheddar or american cheese. It's right around 250 calories and it keeps me full all morning. Yummy.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I like to make what I call breakfast parfait! Its a really nice treat once in a while.

3/4 cup Rice Krispies
    1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
    1/2 - 1 cup fresh fruit of your choice
    1 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips

Depending on how many calories you have to spend, you can adjust the amount and types of food you use.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Also, I have learned that if you like the laughing cow 1 tbsp , Philly 1/3 less fat cream cheese has the same amount of calories as laughing cow!!! (And if you're on a budget its a little cheaper.)
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    thanks

plenty of things for me too try out

x
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm satisfied with an egg on a sandwich thin with one slice of kraft cheese and a squirt of ketchup. If you only use one egg, it's around 238 calories. Sometimes I'll use two eggs, and even then it's only 308 cals.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal is fantastic! ( I usually sprinkle a half pack of sweetener over it if I eat it with milk, but don't if I mix it in yogurt.)

13 g protein
    10 g fiber
    1 g fat
    140 calories per cup
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I make low-cal Egg McMuffins. One toasted 100-calorie English muffin, one egg, one slice cheese, one slice Canadian bacon. I use regular sliced cheese (70 cals) and it's only 255 calories - which might seem high, but I find that eating a higher protein breakfast keeps me full for hours. If you're really pinched for calories you could use egg beaters and some sort of low-fat cheese.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sarah Lee Delightful bread is a great choice - 2 slices are only 45 calories. I LOVE IT with an egg for a weekend 'treat'.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    yummy

made a lovely spinach and onion egg white omelette - all for 75 cals!!

xx
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I love protein pancakes. There are lots of different recipes out there for these. Protein waffles too. I love Oikos greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter and cinnamon w/ truvia.
    I can't do without my shredded wheat with blueberries, cinnamon and almond milk.
    Scrambled eggs with spinach in a low carb tortilla wrap with a spoon of salsa. I add red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper while it's cooking.