Treadmill

Options
Has anyone lost weight just by using the treadmill (walk or run)? If so, how often do you run/walk in order to achieve your weight loss?

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I personally hate the treadmill. I'm a road runner. But I use the tread when the weather or my baby won't let me get outside. Running is great cardio to burn calories. And burning calories helps lose weight.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have, I bought a treadmill, and love it. I use it at least 5 times a week, for 30 mins to an hour, depending.....
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I use my treadmill everyday. I have only been on this program a week and have lost 4 lbs. Today I walked for 45 minutes with varied elevation. I worked my speed up to 3 mph. I also added 3 lb hand weights today. I am 60 years young and am trying to take it slowly.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My friend had me doing the treadmill at a high incline on about 3.5 for 30-45 min and not only did I lose weight but that baby pouch/extra skin from weight loss went down alot. I sweat a ton and hated every minute of it. Good luck!!
  • meglane
    Options
    The weight loss is about your caloric deficit. However you achieve that deficit doesn't really matter. if you prefer the elliptical then go with that :) If you like running on the treadmill go with that, I will say you burn more calories/min running
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do the treadmill in the morning for 20 min and evening for 20 min. on 3.0mph. In the mornin I do 4 one min jogs on 4.0 spread through out the 20 min. In the evening i do one 1 minute job on 4.0 halfway through. In the beginning I could only walk for 20 min on 2.8 on the treadmill and not jog at all. I've lost 20 lbs since Jan. 2nd. Breaking up the treadmill into 2 sections can help to speed up your metabolism. :) Good Luck!!
  • violynist
    Options
    absolutely! i have lost 20 lbs this way a couple times. now down 7.

just make it enjoyable. that's the most important thing. & keep walking.

consistency is key, so make sure you pick a pace you like & stick with it for a few months.
  • davischiky
    davischiky Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!!!
  • thenewme2012
    Options
    At first I hated the treadmill....would rather go walk at the park, but now I am walking at least 2 miles on it every night! I have lost 33 lbs. so far. I think the treadmill is more effective than just a regular walk.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    The treadmill is still the number one tool used for losing weight, and I run on it at least five times a week. I incline my treadmill between 2% to 4%, and I'll run at a speed between 7.6 to 8.6.
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    I almost excusively used the treadmill a few years back and lost about 50-60 pounds with **lots** of strength training. I used it 6-7 days out of the week, starting with 30 minutes and then working my way up to an hour (technically 65 minutes with the cooldown). I used it for walking at a brisk pace but did hill and interval workouts on it by only changing the incline more than I changed the speed. For example, I would spend 45 minutes working my way up to a incline of 15 (the highest the machine would go, not sure what the angle of it was), spending 1 1/2 minutes on each incline increment (so 1 1/2 minutes on incline 2, 1 1/2 minutes on incline 2.5, etc). Then I would spend one minute going down in incline increments until I was at an incline of 0, where I did the cooldown. And I changed it up each day of the week, so I didn't do the above example every day.
  • Treadmill is a good cardio workout and is good for your health
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I try and get outside as much as I can (for running), but I always hit up the treadmill every day. I never run on the treadmill, but just do a 3.5 pace at a 10% incline for 20-30 minutes.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I hate the treadmill, but we're going to be best buds from now until March
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love the treadmill, especially for burning off work stress. I slightly set the incline and have seen a huge difference in my booty shape.