Fav Diet Foods!

Options
So, my new fav. food is egg sub. with almond milk and 2 tbs of ketchup! I can't get away from it... I know its overloading my sodium, but when I'm really hungry, thats what I turn to!

What are your favs that you turn to on a normal basis?

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    spinach,onion, and mushroom egg white omlette, yum!!!!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

that's all me! except, sub the mushrooms w/cheese!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    fiber one bars. They are my treat in the evenings! Love them.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt :D I could eat it for every meal haha
  • meglane
    Options
    You shouldn't be getting really hungry...make sure you have food (good food) within reach at all times. You'll find you won't crave your high sodium meals as much.

I personally love fresh carrot sticks and raw nuts.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I also love my full egg omelet. I use four eggs and add spices like Rosemary and sage and ginger and lemon peper and some dill seeds. Then when it is done i put some ketchup and mustard on it and eat it up. It is SOOOOOO yummy! Man now I am hungry for one.
  • unckat09
    Options
    A Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedge on half of a sandwich thing. Auh-may-zing.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Definitely love this, but I also add feta cheese to it for a "greek omlette". I have a major weakness for feta, and it is suprisingly really good on an omlette!
  • mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I luv, luv, luv, 3 egg white omelets! I had spinach, Cabot cheese, onions and cilantro with fresh salsa on top!!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I luv, luv, luv, 3 egg white omelets! I had spinach, Cabot cheese, onions and cilantro with fresh salsa on top!!

this sounds absolutely delish. thank you for ideas!! yum yumm
  • shyaamist
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone on the egg thing! Yummy ideas on variations! Thanks ALL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Three or four egg white fritattas. Pretty muchlike an omelette, only instead of folding. You just pour the egg over the ingredients in a smaller pan an then pop the whole thing under the broiler for about five minutes. Gets puffy and toasty brown, then you just turn it onto a plate. I add anything and everything as ingredients, depending on what I have in the house: mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cheese, imitation crab meat, chicken breast, salsa, peppers, onions, avocado, siracha, hot sauce, snow peas, etc (not all in one, obviously, thats just a list of the stuff I use)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oh, and burritos. La Tortilla 100 cal whole wheat tortillas, filled with any combo of the above as well as well as brown rice,sour cream, green enchilada sauce, etc.

My number one favorite non-home made "diet" food that i don't know if I'd survive without is Wow Cow Frozen Yogurt. It's only 9 calories an ounce! I always buy lots to fill up my freezer to make sure I have some in hand in case there are nights that the froyo place has flavors I don't want. lol
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Quaker mini rice cakes - ranch (so tasty)
    cheese sticks - any kind, love em all
    hummus dip - black bean and garlic, roast red pepper
    quaker chewy 90 cal oatmeal n raisin bars
    baby carrots and red grapes
    tomato and basil soup - progresso brand
  • pretty_fit
    Options
    almond milk
    apples and bananas
    veggie meat
    soy ice cream
    fruit popsicles
    quinoa
    protein bars
  • xoopsyxdaizyx
    Options
    i am loving plain non fat yogurt with a tbsp of honey. so so good. & extra yummy with some granola added.
  • shyaamist
    Options
    Other than eggs, I am stuck on WW Smart Ones Broc, taters and cheese!!! Just can't get enough of those two things!