THE EXERCISE CALORIE SAGA CONTINUES.....

Options
I totally believe that we should eat at least half of our exercise calories BUT it is so hard for me to do that. I find myself thinking it would be easier to stay at 1200cal and not exercise then to worry about getting all my calories in! I actually like to exercise though.

Does anyone have any ideas for a high calorie protein drink after a work out or something??

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Replies

• RonieLisbeth
    Options
    then just exercise and don't eat those calories.. the more the merrier <3 lol
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just posted this exact same question to my MFP friends last night. I'll be watching your thread for ideas. Thanks!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I like the Special K Protein shakes. They are 170-180 calories. 10g protein, 5g of fiber.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I make a protein smoothie for post workout. Half cup of milk (whatever you use...soy, regular, almond, etc.), scoop of protein powder, 1/2 tsp of cocoa, frozen banana. Blend and add ice to desired consistency. Hits the spot. If you want to pump up the calories add a tbsp of peanut butter.

But something to consider is unless you are engaged in sustained cardio activity of an hour or more, it isnt really necessary to eat any differently than you normally would. Maybe add those calories throughout your day instead: 100 cals per meal will have the same effect.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I totally believe that we should eat at least half of our exercise calories BUT it is so hard for me to do that. I find myself thinking it would be easier to stay at 1200cal and not exercise then to worry about getting all my calories in! I actually like to exercise though.

Does anyone have any ideas for a high calorie protein drink after a work out or something??

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Something simple like chocolate milk would be perfect. If you really want to add protein powder to it then you could, but without going into that hassle, just a glass of chocolate milk would replenish your vitamins and add burnt calories. Peanut butter is really good too.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the Green Monster Movement? greenmonstermovement.com for recipies, but I usually add some pb, yogurt, milk, and choc syrup or powder. Do you have a food processor? You can make your own nut- butters if you do instead of just pb.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the greenmonstermovement.com site! I've not been to that one before but I ADORE green smoothies! I started drinking them 2x a day at the end of August and lost 9 pounds over the course of several weeks. I do one a day now and my body just craves them. More important for me than the weight loss I experienced is that I feel so good when I drink them! My energy is up, my skin is clear, my mind is clearer. I'm a BIG green smoothie advocate!

Now I'm off to explore the website a little more. :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you like it! I'm only just starting to try them (mine all come out rather bland except the PB one) but I like her main site too-

ohsheglows.com - it's a healthy living site and even though she is vegan and I am not, I find her recipes totally drool worthy and her story completely inspiring!

Good luck gettin' your cals up!
  • ShakilaBano
    ShakilaBano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you only want to add calories but no fat then just eat fruit.