Lunch Ideas

Options
Are there any ideas for a cold packed lunch....i pack my lunch everyday and theres no microwave or anything available, so I usually just end up taking a bunch of packaged stuff like goldfish and pudding...any ideas?

Replies

• e3slisa
    Options
    :smile: Try making some pasta up the evening before and put it in tupperware, add a can of tuna and a little light mayo, or what about melon and serrano ham (my personal favourite), or chicken salad etc :smile: Also good to prepare a nice fruit salad
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to boiling water and fridge? I like the Dempster's body wise bagels (with light cream cheese) or wraps (with tuna and fat free mayo and veggies). There also a lot of good "cup-of-soups" that are low fat/cal and high fibre (Eating Right). Fruit is easy to pack too!
  • Stacil2
    Options
    Sams club sell this lunch box that I love I am sure you can find it other places it is called go fit lunch bag. It has a tupperware container in the bottom it has a spot for your sandwich then the icepack goes in the middle on the top it has two more pieces that connect side by side these are for your fruit and veggies. I try to avoid packaged food and something like this might help you. I find if I buy the packaged snacks I will eat 3 100 calorie snacks a day when I could have a lot more if my snacks would have been fruit and veggies

Here are some things we like for lunch:
    My new favorite is a margeritta pizza on a tortilla it is good even cold ( I am posting the recipe in a new post)
    Tuna tortilla rollups or tuna sandwich on 45 calorie bread either way your carbs are only about 100 calories
    Turkey rollups turkey on tortilla with a smear of light veggie or chive cream cheese
    BLT on 45 calorie wheart bread

Sides
    Grapes
    Carrots with dip made with greek yogurt
    Apples with low fat carmel dip (when I need a treat)
    Cucumber Salad or cucumber and tomato salad
    Hard boiled egg
    Yogurt sometimes with granola or strawberries
    Banana
    30 pistachios
    celelry with pb
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Pasta or fruit salads. String cheese. Green leafy salads with lots of veggies and you can even add meet to it like ham or chicken. I also have made salad wraps with spinich tortillas...and I am in love with Newman's Own light lime vinegrette dressing. I know jello, pudding and other packaged stuff gets old when you can't warm up stuff.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Egg salad sandwich with fat free mayo on low cal bread or crackers. Lots of protein and tasty.
    Pack a can of tuna....eat it out of the can...low in cals and high in protein.
    Cream cheese (fat free) and wasa crackers.
    Any kind of fruit.
    raw veggies packed with Wish Bone Salad Spritzers to liven them up a bit.
    veggie wraps made with ff cream cheese, filled with veggies, small amount of cheese and a low cal tortilla for the wrap.
    boiled eggs are easy
    stuffed celery....stuff with tuna salad...crunchy and good
    baked skinless chicken....low in cals and high in protein
    smoked salmon and wasa crackers

Don't buy the gold fish!