I have a ? for people who eat their exercise calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Isn't it weird the days you eat super healthy you don't feel as hungry or like you can't reach your target? Just shows how much more filling REAL food is over processed or junk foods.

THIS IS TRUE FOR ME...U COULDNT SIT DOWN AND EAT A WHOLE BAG OF CARROTS OR APPLES BUT U CAN A BAG OF CHIPS OR COOKIES!!
  • Vixxta
    Vixxta Posts: 31
    Options
    I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks about all these things too much. I'm struggling with a 2-week plateau right now and am freaking out about it. I'm starting to think maybe I should work out less, so I don't have so many calories to worry about. I changed my goals yesterday to try to shake things up...but I know that I am leading with my anxiety and nothing else. OK, as soon as I finish this I'm going to go back and change my goal again. See what I'm talking about?!!! I do like the idea of using more olive oil and such. Dieters are brainwashed into thinking that low-fat is the only way.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    pint of milk!!! takes up some calories and ensures you get your calcium intake too. I have a half a pint with my dinner everyday and some throughout in teas and coffees.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think of it more as eating slightly more on days I'm very active, and slightly less when I'm sedentary. Adaptation, if you will.

It's so easy to misestimate exercise calories, so precise adherence isn't necessary if you aren't a bodybuilder. What are warning signs for me is the entire "eating while not hungry" thing. I eat 1300-1500 cals/day (I don't want to go for too restrictive deficits and have been losing close to 2 lbs/week nonetheless) and while I'm not hungry as a rule, I *am* hungry before mealtime! Not ravenous, except if I have a very small lunch & am saving calories for a special occasion dinner, but noticeably "I should and could eat a good meal now". If you're eating real food (not tricking yourself with empty, low-cal special versions of food, but regular (whole) bread, rice, pasta, vegetables, meat, dairy (2% milk or whatever)) then you should experience hunger for a little while before mealtime.

This weight loss has also taught me the difference between hunger and cravings, which I consider a great plus.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    Oh my gosh I think it is crazy that there are people struggling to eat their exercise calories. I am hungry all the time and usually ready to eat something every 2-3 hours. I hardly ever am able to not eat my exercise calories. In fact I try to do extra stuff during the day just so I can eat more food at night.( my hungriest time of day) Example: last night I was still hungry an hour after supper and knew I only had 200 calories left before bed (10:30pm) and it was only 6:30, so I cleaned and rearranged furniture in 2 rooms of my house, just to get a few more calories and to get my mind off snacking. it worked I guess, but I did end up eating all my exercise calories before bed. If I dont eat enough I wake at night and need to eat something.
    I usually burn 500-700 calories 6 days a week training for my half marathon and usually eat them all and sometimes go over a bit. I am probably awake too long in 1 day and that is why it is so hard for me.
    I am glad that I found MFP though because I am much more aware of what I have put into my body and think twice about eating a couple servings of pizza when we order out. :smile: