How many times per week should I do cardio?

Options
On my elliptical? I do 5 days/45 mins. per day but would it be OK to do 6 days?

Replies

• kayelkay
    Options
    I would say 6 days is fine. Just make sure that you are including some sort of strength training in your workout schedule so it's not all cardio
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say do whatever you want girl! If you're up for six days, go for it. I'd also echo the comment about strength training. That's important too! Great work!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i think the rule for cardio is as much as your body can handle...that is, know when to say when! if you can go 6 or 7 days, then do it, but make sure your body gets rest when it needs it, and maybe go a little lighter on a day or two?
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    It should be ok, but maybe cut back to 25-30 min during 2 days of it. Also I heard that your body will eventually begin to adapt to your workouts so I wouldn't do 6 or 7 days until I notice my weight loss is starting to slow down. But not an expert, that is just my advice :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would mix it up between higher intensity and low intensity workouts, and definitely do strength training and stretching.
  • momofconor
    Options
    Didn't I just see somewhere that instead of 30 minutes for higher heart rate a day, it is now recommended that we do 60 minutes a day. I can't always get in a hour a day but I do at least 4 days.

4745767.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nmjordan
    nmjordan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!