Eat Something!

I was reading through various blogs and was surprised to see so many of them talking about fasting, or only eating around 700 calories a day. :noway:

I just want to say....as a female that has struggled with weight issues my whole life, I have starved myself, made myself vomit, taken every diet pill (and lots of them), and tried every fad diet out there. Sometimes I dropped a few pounds...sometimes I didn't. I ALWAYS gained weight though,and always felt like crap.

Finally, I am doing it the right way. I'm eating 6 small, healthy meals a day, counting calories and working out 6 days a week...and I'm the smallest I've EVER been...AND feel great! I just want to go back in time and SLAP myself for not doing this years ago!

So ladies....don't torture yourselves with these "quick fixes" of deprivation. Eat something nutritious and go to the gym. Give the healthy route a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Replies

• I was reading through various blogs and was surprised to see so many of them talking about fasting, or only eating around 700 calories a day. :noway:

I just want to say....as a female that has struggled with weight issues my whole life, I have starved myself, made myself vomit, taken every diet pill (and lots of them), and tried every fad diet out there. Sometimes I dropped a few pounds...sometimes I didn't. I ALWAYS gained weight though,and always felt like crap.

Finally, I am doing it the right way. I'm eating 6 small, healthy meals a day, counting calories and working out 6 days a week...and I'm the smallest I've EVER been...AND feel great! I just want to go back in time and SLAP myself for not doing this years ago!

So ladies....don't torture yourselves with these "quick fixes" of deprivation. Eat something nutritious and go to the gym. Give the healthy route a chance. You won't be disappointed.
  • :flowerforyou: That was well said it is so true, eat healthy watch your calories and of course some form of activity.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    :smile: I agree, I am not eating my full calories every time but I am trying!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    BRAVO!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    So true, it's not rocket science. Eat right, excerise and you will lose, period!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I was reading through various blogs and was surprised to see so many of them talking about fasting, or only eating around 700 calories a day. :noway:

AMEN:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Thank god someone else has sense!
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    CAN YOU TELL ME SOME EXAMPLES OF YOUR MEALS??, CAUSE IS KIND OF DIFFICULT FOR ME TO EAT 6 TIMES AND KEEP MY CALORIE GOAL AT THE SAME TIME. TKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATE HELP! :smile:
  • very well said...i enjoyed reading your post...you are realistic...hopefully more will listen to your words...
  • CAN YOU TELL ME SOME EXAMPLES OF YOUR MEALS??, CAUSE IS KIND OF DIFFICULT FOR ME TO EAT 6 TIMES AND KEEP MY CALORIE GOAL AT THE SAME TIME. TKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATE HELP! :smile:

Sure! It's usually something like this......
    0700: Oatmeal or cereal, yogurt (I would eat eggs...but don't have access to them at this time)
    0900: Granola bar (love the Kashi brand)
    1200: Turkey wrap or tuna, mixed vegetables, rice
    1400: Apple, beef jerkey
    1700: Soup, vegetables, chicken breast
    1900: Granola bar or yogurt

Of course it varies from day to day. If the chow hall has mac & cheese..I can't resist it so I'll throw that in the mix. :laugh: But this is pretty close to what I usually have day in and day out.
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    I have a similar story... until I discovered my mistake.. I was starving myself and slowing down my metabolism to the extent that even if I eat 700 calories per day, I don't LOSE weight. So, I tried the same strategy ( same as yours) , but 5 small meals per day and exercising at least 4 days per week.. I still have something like 20 lbs more to lose, but at least I am progressing towards my goal.

I also discovered that the more strenghth exercise I do, and the more muscle I build, the more calories I burn.. and of course cardio on empty stomach is such a magnificent trick to lose more lbs.

more importantly is keeping a journal of the meals... it helps me in monitoring the calries in my food so I won't exceed the 1200 per day!
  • :happy: Good Advice!
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    TKS FOR THE ADVICE:flowerforyou: