Opinions????

Options
Ok so today the job is providing pizza and even though I brought my lunch (some chicken breast and steamfresh rotini and vegetables), I really want the chicken and hummus pizza and the veggie lovers...I'm convincing myself if I get the more healthier choses of pizza it will be ok plus my 60mins of Spin Class...what are your opinions and/or advice????

Replies

• Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    be strong...stay away from the pizza. Just think how much further ahead you will be without the pizza and having done the spin class.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    be strong...stay away from the pizza. Just think how much further ahead you will be without the pizza and having done the spin class.

Agreed, don't do it.
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think you can have it, just have one or two slices, not a full pizza, add the calories and as long as you make sure you don't go over your calories for the day, you will still be on track. Just means you might have to have a fairly light dinner. You are excercising as well, so can't see the harm in little bit of a treat!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Half a peice of each... leave your lunch for tomorrow... drunk TONS OF WATER!
    I feel like Im depriving myself to much If I make myself give up everything like that!

If you feel deprived your more adept to overeat later to compensate!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness. I find that when I eat it, I feel hungrier. I would suggest staying away, or at the very least limiting yourself to a taste and then supplimenting with what you brought.
  • Mission4Life
    Options
    Half a peice of each... leave your lunch for tomorrow... drunk TONS OF WATER!
    I feel like Im depriving myself to much If I make myself give up everything like that!

If you feel deprived your more adept to overeat later to compensate!

Great advice!:happy:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would get one piece and eat just a couple bites, enough to kill my craving. Don't even finish it. You will see that you have enough self control to allow yourself small things like that in moderation.
  • Stacil2
    Options
    I would eat it too. No more then two pieces. I think if you deprieve yourself you will just be thinking about it alot atleast I would. Count the calories and work extra hard at spinning. Knowing that that spinning class is just working off those two pieces will help make sure you do not go over two!!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Unless you're facing a major calorie deficit, I'd say stay away. The more I stay away, the more I think, "What the hell am I eating," when I do have a slice.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would have one piece. Choose whichever one you like more and then eat your chicken but not the pasta.
  • valleyrose99
    valleyrose99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can you really afford 600 calories for two pieces of pizza? Real self control is not taking any at all and eating what you know is going to help you reach your goal. What will it be next time? I know it's hard, but you'll like so much better sticking to your plan.
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree eat a slice or 2 in moderation and drink lots of water. This is a life change not just a diet. So unless you want to spend a lifetime hiding in your car during lunch time. Learn to moderately indulge. Now if you can't stop at 1 or 2 slices because you're still working on will power... sit this one out and reward your yourself wih a movie, hot uble bath, or whatever it is you like. Either way, enjoy your lunch. <3
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If you can stick to two slices, then go for it. Are you going to stay away from pizza the rest of your life? It would have been better if you would have known ahead of time to plan for it. But this is life, so how are you going to handle it? If you eat the pizza for lunch - put in the calories now. What will you have to alter for dinner or exercise to keep yourself around the same net calories? If it is "doable," then have the pizza. If not, stick with what you brought.

If I stay away from something I really want for a long time, I end up binging. So my advice is to have it in a controlled setting so you know you won't overeat it and work the rest of your day around it.
  • valleyrose99
    valleyrose99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Food is not a reward. If you truly want to succeed you need to realize food is for nutrition. Period. Its not a reward, not something to love, but something needed to live, just like air or water. I also struggle with this concept, but continue to remind myself that its not a prize to be won. Stay true to your goals !
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of those things like a bowl of potato chips. For me, it is impossible to have just one. And if there is more than one type and I like both? Forget it! It is all over then. My approach this time is knowing how I am, I am better off not indulging. Look up how many calories are in it and then see if you can justify it. Mostly refined carbs and fat! Do you really want to sideline your self with that? Stay strong and be the envy of others who can only wish that they were as strong as you! As with most things, the first time is the hardest! = D
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of those things like a bowl of potato chips. For me, it is impossible to have just one. And if there is more than one type and I like both? Forget it! It is all over then. My approach this time is knowing how I am, I am better off not indulging. Look up how many calories are in it and then see if you can justify it. Mostly refined carbs and fat! Do you really want to sideline your self with that? Stay strong and be the envy of others who can only wish that they were as strong as you! As with most things, the first time is the hardest! = D
    I couldn't have said it better.

Besides, what will I choose today? Progress? or Excuses? I choose progress!!
  • Mission4Life
    Options

Great point as well.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options

Exactly!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Ok so today the job is providing pizza and even though I brought my lunch (some chicken breast and steamfresh rotini and vegetables), I really want the chicken and hummus pizza and the veggie lovers...I'm convincing myself if I get the more healthier choses of pizza it will be ok plus my 60mins of Spin Class...what are your opinions and/or advice????

enter the calories here first and then decide whether it is worth it.