my goal for tonight

Options
Here is my goal for tonight! Feel free to share yours!

Negative thinking. Obsession.

I have been here for one week. One week of food conscientious eating makes me so much more aware of my body. Every bulge seems to have exploded. In my new quest, imperfections are magnified. I get depressed and down on myself.

Something with this picture isn't right. I feel out of control. FAT.

Automatic reaction: screw it. I don't care...... Binge, get off diet... Repeat cycle....

New reaction: post an honest thread on MFP. concrete goal: 200 cal for dinner. Meditate and do yoga. Repeat: this too shall pass.

Replies

• deandp371
    Options
    I hope to work out on the elliptical I have in the basement. Then I like to meditate for 15-20 minutes afterwords.

I 200 cal enough for dinner? It's good to eat well and be mindful - but don't be too hard on yourself!
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    Good goal! The truth is I've already had most of my calories for today and honestly I am not even hungry but I am staying as a guest in someones home and we are eating all meals together. It seems rude to not eat so I am going to just have a small portion, as much as I would like to indulge!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Cassie,

It took me about 2 weeks to start losing and feel good. I looked at your diary, I think you need to change what you're eating.

Eat more protein early in the day. Eat as much fresh veggies as you want/can. Work in veggies in every meal. Cut out white rice, eat Brown, 1 Cup servings. Cut out the breads. I don't think you're getting enough nutrients. You're eating too much refined bread/sugars. Right now your body is going into a calorie shock and is malnourished. Take a multi-vitamin too. Maybe take a B-Complex as well (will help your mood).

You need to eat more fresh foods, everything you're eating now is store bought, and junk, you're skipping meals too.
    ***Look at your food dairy, you're eating junk food, of course you feel bad and don't have any energy.**

Try Tabouli Salad - http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1643,154164-248192,00.html

Get all the veggies you like, saute them up with a tiny amount of olive oil. Serve with a small piece of chicken and some pasta or brown rice. Have some fruit. Maybe a small potato or half a sweet potato.

For a Snack - Cut up carrots, jicama, cucumber, mix with a little lemon juice, salt, garlic powder. You can eat the whole thing, little to no calories, lots of vitamins and fiber. Make some homemade hummus with just a little oil and eat that with veggies (just don't go crazy, too many calories.).

Stop eating Splenda, artificial sweeteners are BAD for you. try a sweeter made with Stevia (plant extract). I got "Pure Via" at Costco, 400 packets, will last a life time!

Try LIGHTLY salted nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts), eat in moderation, but they're very good for you and will fill you up.

Try the Skinny Cow ice cream bars instead of the ones you ate (only 100 Calories).
    Get a good bittersweet dark chocolate bar, eat a small piece as a treat (lots of antioxidants, it's good for you).

Make your breakfast the night before so you don't have to worry about what to eat in the AM. Make your lunch the night before too.

When you feel hungry, drink a glass of water!

***Don't replace dinner with Cheesecake and wash it down with pancakes!****

You're trying to get 1600 calories a day. Shoot for 400 calories per meal and 400 in snacks or overage. But I see a couple times you had 50 Calories for a meal and then 700 the next. This isn't good.

Here's a typical day for me: (not saying I'm perfect, but I like to think I have it down. I'm only on 1400 Calories/day).

Breakfast:
    1 egg, 2 egg whites
    bell peppers, broccoli, spinach omelet
    Coffee with Stevia and some skim milk
    110-130 Calories
    Maybe add a slice of bread or I like the Thomas Bagel Slims (110 Cal), make a bagel/egg sandwhich

Lunch:
    Spinach Salad with veggies, turkey, fat free dressing, (just use a little bit)
    200-300 Calories

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast
    Lots of veggies
    1 cup brown rice
    Salad with light/fat free dressing
    600 Calories

Some snacks I might have:
    Carrots, or other veggies.
    Vita Muffin Top
    Yoplait Lite Yogurt
    Nuts
    Couple slices of turkey or ham
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! Yes, I do eat a lot of junk food :) I think you're right about the nutrients part. I'm on the vacation at the moment, and I am doing my best. I did excellent at dinner and chose good portions! Love the tabouli salad idea and so healthy for you!