New to Site

Options
Hello everyone!
I found this site through a friend and joined on Saturday! I thought logging the food would be hard and horrible. Actually, this is easy to find the foods-even store brands! I have been a little under my goal calories every day so far and do not feel "cheated".

Looking forward to using this!

Thanks!

Replies

• NY2SC
    NY2SC Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello Brmom92..... wish you luck I joined yesterday .. and it seems to be a good site...
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Been using site for a month now, best thing since sliced bread! as you say so easy to find foods and to add if not in database. I like that you can create a recipe by adding all the ingredients and it will work out all cals fat carbs protein etc for each portion.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome..good luck on your journey...this site is great for motivation and support...hope you find it inspirational...feel free to add me
  • alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do not go under your calorie goal. There is a little explanation that states if you go under your calorie goal your body could enter starvation mode which means weight loss would be difficult. There was a point where I wasn't eating enough and this website really helped me control my eating habits. The first day I had to force myself to eat a few hundred calories because I wasn't eating enough. I know it sounds odd to eat your daily calorie but you will have a much better metabolism if you do! Welcome to the website!
  • brmom92
    Options
    Thanks! That's interesting about the starvation mode.