rats!

Options
So I have been doing great for two weeks and then yesterday I was tired and not feeling well and I was HUNGRY! So, I ended up eating an extra 1500 calories over the day. I didn't eat anything garbagy - I just ate until I was not super hungry for one day. I hope I can recover from this one - *&^%$#@!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    of course you can.

3500 calories=1 lb. so..... 1500 extra calories = 8 ounces ((Maybe!)) of potential gain.

You can
  • gardengram
    gardengram Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track and you will be fine. We all have days like that.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    haha you can DO IT! I meant to say
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    gym will help you out, im sure
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    no worries...just DONT OBSESS about what you ate...you can't take it back so just put forth an extra effort each day until weigh in next...an extra five minutes of cardio a day is a lot easier to handle then 30 extra minutes for example..YOU GOT THIS!!!!!
  • Peyton115
    Options
    We all have bad days. Don't worry about it!! I know you will be fine, you have WONDERFUL dedication and positivity. After all, your nice comments alone help me when I am having a rough fitness day. I say you'll be just fine :smile:
  • jrevi001
    Options
    I have been there several times...everyone has. It's all a matter of moving on from the bad day. Accept that it happened, know that it could happen again, and move back to your goal. Always keep in mind that while you may seem like you failed all you did was slip up and as humans that what we do. Just learn to accept and keep moving forward!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This happens to the best of us for so many reasons. You are strong and can get past this with flying colors! No worries over the past, just the education it gives us. Always forward moving. :flowerforyou:

I have found on days when I experience a lack of sleep this happens to me in spades. *groan* A little sleep goes a long way. :yawn:
  • woodsk1
    Options
    Some days you just have to give in....
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As a recovering "hunger addict", I think it could be helpful for you to look at your diary and find a trigger. Maybe you waited too long to have breakfast? Maybe you had a simple carb meal without any protein to offset the insulin response? It is a very natural response of the body to increase your hunger based on certain "starvation"signs. I read a few books about it and since I implemented a few things, I can't remember the last time i was actually hungry. (1) eat very soon after waking 2) protein at every meal including snacks 3) eat every three hours while staying under calorie goals.) I know that number 3 requires a huge commitment but it really works.