where do you shop

Options
I've lost weigh and need some new clothes, I'm about 10 pounds away from my goal weigh. I don't want to buy too many because 10 pounds could put me down another size, but right now my clothes are falling off. I looked at a few thrift stores and really didn't find too many in my size so where can I go and get some clothes at a cheaper price?

Replies

• traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I really like Macy's. They have cute things and right now they are clearing out all the women's clothes to make way for the new spring stock. Really good prices.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    JCPenneys has some good deals. My favorite stores at Talbots, Ann Taylor and Eddie Bauer but unless you find a really good sale they are kind of pricey!
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    TJ MAXX or Marshalls. They have designer cloths (work and casual) that look expensive but are reasonably priced. Cute workout stuff too!
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you have a JC Penny, go there when they have a sale. Also Sears has really good sale prices too. If nothing else, there's always Walmart until you lose the last 10.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A.J Wright, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, Target
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've lost weigh and need some new clothes, I'm about 10 pounds away from my goal weigh. I don't want to buy too many because 10 pounds could put me down another size, but right now my clothes are falling off. I looked at a few thrift stores and really didn't find too many in my size so where can I go and get some clothes at a cheaper price?

http://stores.ebay.com/Mile-Hi-Closet?_rdc=1

FB and MFP friends receive 50% off shipping and I'm always happy to combine shipping!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    KOHL'S
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    While I was losing I was buying jeans at Old Navy. 10 pounds will certainly put you in a smaller size, then if you keep toning you'll keep shrinking even if you stay at the same weight! You can always get your pants, (even jeans!) taken in at the tailors. This was helpful for me.
  • 340dart
    Options
    Depending on the style of clothes you can get them resized. I recently had 3 pairs of slack taken in for $24. Much cheaper then new.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    TJ MAXX or Marshalls. They have designer cloths (work and casual) that look expensive but are reasonably priced. Cute workout stuff too!

These two places are about where I get all my clothes at

for workout clothes they have tons of under armour/nike/puma/reebok stuff

and for nicer clothes they have it all
  • joanie775
    joanie775 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well if you dont want to get to many new things and are watching what you spend Go to Ross :wink:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Well if you dont want to get to many new things and are watching what you spend Go to Ross :wink:

I agree!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i shop thrift, always. many of the clothes are brand new.

i also sew my own clothes or alter ones from thrift.