In need of a little motivation!!!

Options
I just had my second son in October of last year. The weight is not coming off like it did after the birth of my first son. This has been very discouraging and I really need a little positive encouragement. I am hopeing this will help me be more accountable for the things I am eating. I am still breast feeding, and I hope I can continue to do so while trying to lose weight.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    This is certainly the place to get to your goals . . . just love this site and the community behind it.

Welcome!
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can definately relate. I have 2 little ones myself, and as I get older, it is much harder to get the weight off, plus the addition of being exhausted. Take into consideration that your body went through and is still going through some major changes. I've also heard from nurses that breastfeeding will help to lose weight, especially in the abdominal area. I haven't been on MFP that long, but it has definately helped me to see how much I was really eating, and has made me more conscious because I don't want to see the disappointment on the screen of going over calories. Most days I try to plan ahead by putting in what I want to eat ahead of time to make sure I won't go over.
  • Snickers25
    Snickers25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on the new baby! Losing weight is easy if you take it in baby steps. Try changing one "bad thing" you eat to one "good thing." If we try to do everything at once it feels impossible and we can get discouraged. I know you can do it! If you were strong enough to have and raise two kids then losing weight is a cake walk.
  • sbs123
    Options
    Hi there! You can definetly lose weight and still breastfeed. Just make sure you get right amount of extra calories you need to feed the baby. I have two children also and when I started tracking what I was eating I found out why I was gaining pounds...little things like finishing food left on the highchair can add up to a lot of calories.
    I also exercise during nap time...usually walking/jogging on a treadmill...but sometimes wii fit too.
    Just keep track of your food and slip in exercise whenever you can and you will do great!!!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate. I had my third child 2 years ago and I'm still struggling to get back to where I was. It's really hard to stay focused on you when you have little ones who depend on you 24/7. I'm an older Mom now than I was when I had my two sons and things just aren't springing back into place.

This website is great for keeping yourself motivated.