Fish Oil Pills

Options
2»

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I read in a fitness magazine that taking fish oil pills promotes weight loss...I'm just wondering if it is true??? has anyone tried it??

There's a lot on the web about this. Google it.
  • cschick2317
    Options
    To those who are talking about the fish oil pills causing gross burps...here is a fish oil supplement that's actually really tasty and so far hasn't caused me to burp at all (granted even if it did cause burps they won't be gross and fishy):

http://www.barleans.com/omega-swirl.asp

My husband bought a container of the pina colada flavored oil from the gym we go to and it tastes exactly like a pina colada. I don't know how pricey the fish oil pills are, but I imagine that the barleans products are a bit more expensive. If you can afford it though and want to take fish oil regularly I highly recommend it!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I read in a fitness magazine that taking fish oil pills promotes weight loss...I'm just wondering if it is true??? has anyone tried it??
    I take them everyday and never get the burps. It depends on what brand you taking, try shopping around for a different brand. :wink:
  • genevaturtle
    genevaturtle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just read earlier today that the better the quality the less likely the fish burps. You can freeze them and take them at night. Freezing acts like a time release. I am taking them for my cholesterol. I have the GNC brand and they seem to be fine, no fish burps.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You can also get omega 3s by actually eating fish, dark greens, adding some flaxseed into various foods etc. I know the actual oil or oil pills makes a lot of people gag.
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    You can also get omega 3s by actually eating fish, dark greens, adding some flaxseed into various foods etc. I know the actual oil or oil pills makes a lot of people gag.

I haaate fish! lol