which beach body dvd?

hasselh
hasselh Posts: 29
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Which beachbody dvd would you recommend? I'm just looking for a solid cardio workout. I do weight training 2x week with a trainer so I don't need to lift as I do cardio (or should I say, I don't want to).
I'm in pretty good shape now, I just want something to toss into the mix of stairmaster, running, and elliptical. FYI...I'm not a dancer so if it's heavy dance moves with little instruction, I'm doomed!

And, how is their ab dvd?

Thank you.

Replies

• Which beachbody dvd would you recommend? I'm just looking for a solid cardio workout. I do weight training 2x week with a trainer so I don't need to lift as I do cardio (or should I say, I don't want to).
    I'm in pretty good shape now, I just want something to toss into the mix of stairmaster, running, and elliptical. FYI...I'm not a dancer so if it's heavy dance moves with little instruction, I'm doomed!

And, how is their ab dvd?

Thank you.
  • You may enjoy yoga booty ballet or turbo jam.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    You should try Cathe at Cathe.com. She is a cardio queen! Much more advanced than turbo jam. Her kick, punch and crunch is great as well as her Imax 2 and 3 on step. She is a great instructor too. Very personable.

Laura
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I LOVE turbo jam!!! Cardio Party 3 is 50 minutes and it gets you sweating like crazy....i lift 3 times a week, run, cycle, and do Turbo Jam once or twice a week, it is a great workout!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    If you don't like things that are too choreographed, definitely stay away from Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body. Turbo Jam may be a bit close too... as it's choreographed kickboxing w/a dance-esk flair (though killer cardio).
    Otherwise, you may want to look into Tony Horton's Masters Series: Cardio Intervals (my fav. from the series), Core Cardio, Sweat 5/6... Plyo legs is also quite fabulous.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    I have turbo jam cario remix and the booty sculpt & Abs ones.

I just got them Friday so I've only done them 2x but so far I love them.

I get bored VERY easily with videos.... so I switch around what I do. I have....

the 2 i mentioned above.. and...
    30 day shred
    biggest winner front
    biggest winner back
    tae bo AMPED series

I also use my ellitpical in between when I want something else.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I like Turbo Jam for cardio also. It can be a bit dancey, but not hard to follow. Punch, Kick, & Jam is a good one. Mel had some good suggestions too, the P90 Masters has Cardio Intervals and Core Cardio. I also like Tony's new One on One Plyo Legs, it's a good lower body workout that I could count as cardio also.

Jess
This discussion has been closed.