Stretch Marks!?!

Options
So, I've recently discovered that as I'm losing weight, I'm seeing an increase in visible stretch marks....can anyone recommend a good lotion or cream to help reduce or to get rid of them??

The reason I'm losing weight is to fee comfortable in my skin AND so that I can wear things like a swim suit without concern...stretch marks ruin that plan. It makes me very sad, actually.

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of them. Cocoa butter is supposed to reduce them. There are also special creams and oils for stretch marks if you want to spend the extra money, but it my opinion, they don't work. I tried so many things when I was pregnant and I still got them. If youre going to get them, youre going to get them. Only time will fade them.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I had some stretch marks as I gained weight but I've noticed more popping up as I lose...what's up with this? Would love to see the suggestions.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    There is no magic cream. sorry. I do know that they fade and a good suntan helps to minimize their appearance.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes its true. Only time sigh my belly is so covered even if I was 120lbs I would never be able to wear a 2 piece
  • stinago
    Options
    What a bummer.

Well....I guess I just have to accept it, ey? No sense in stressing if I can't change it.
  • 23sdlsdfoi98
    Options
    I got stretch marks on my hips and breasts when I hit puberty, now you can barely see them unless you're close up and know what you're looking for. It's probably not what you wanna hear, but time is really the only successful thing I know of. But don't lose heart, they really do fade to practically nothing!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    you cant ge rid of them. Over time they will fade, but never disappear. Make sure you are staying fully hydrated and moisturizing your skin as this too will help reduce the appearance of them.
  • emmahutchy
    Options
    I use bio-oil and a cream (from the body shop) for stretch marks and found the cream helped with the apperance. However I've had those stretch marks since a growth spurt when i was 13 (22 now) and I've noticed a difference since applying moisture creams to the areas.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    They were probably there before, but as the underlying fat melts the skin begins to hang a bit and it’s making them more noticeable. Drinking lots of water helps, but nothing will permanently remove them. In time, all stretch marks fade, though they do not disappear. Yoga is said to help as well because the practice makes your underlying muscles elastic, and helps heal and tone your skin. But even that will take regular practice and time.
  • tjjotoad
    tjjotoad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I had no idea my thighs were completely covered in stretch marks until I lost weight. It is a little disheartening, but I choose to think about how good my butt is gonna look in jeans rather than how bad my thighs will look in a bathing suit. It's all about perspective.