Update on my friend

Options
For those that have wondered about my friend Shellie (the one who got the blood clot just before getting her epidural on the 4th while in labor)..this is an update I got from Facebook.

"Her condition is still kind of the same. She is still running a fever but she has been putting out alot of urine which is a good sign, her kidneys still aren't were they need to be by any means but they are better. She has issues with her lungs still. They're going to do the tracheotomy tomorrow, and remove Shellie from sedation. Then they can monitor her response to things without the drugs affecting things."

I guess they brought her daughter in to see her two days ago and Shellie started thrashing around and tried to open her eyes. So she is very aware and knows they are there. Please keep the prayers coming. I guess they are meeting with the Dr's tomorrow to go over the gameplan of how things are going to proceed this week. The next few days days are pretty important.

Thanks!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    For those that have wondered about my friend Shellie (the one who got the blood clot just before getting her epidural on the 4th while in labor)..this is an update I got from Facebook.

"Her condition is still kind of the same. She is still running a fever but she has been putting out alot of urine which is a good sign, her kidneys still aren't were they need to be by any means but they are better. She has issues with her lungs still. They're going to do the tracheotomy tomorrow, and remove Shellie from sedation. Then they can monitor her response to things without the drugs affecting things."

I guess they brought her daughter in to see her two days ago and Shellie started thrashing around and tried to open her eyes. So she is very aware and knows they are there. Please keep the prayers coming. I guess they are meeting with the Dr's tomorrow to go over the gameplan of how things are going to proceed this week. The next few days days are pretty important.

Thanks!
    Tami
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update!

We'll keep praying
  • alimassa
    Options
    More prayers coming from South Dakota!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a fighter. :drinker:

Keep it up, Shellie! :heart:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tam for keeping us up to date!!!! We will keep praying!!!
  • apolloboo
    apolloboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you and your friend.
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Oh, Tam. I hope and pray your friend will be on the mend and feeling better soon.

My thoughts and prayers to you. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh Tami....she's in my prayers for the long run girl!!! So far it sounds very positive...I love that she is aware...Shannon's right she sounds like a fighter!!!:heart:

big prayers are going up for her and hers.....you too sis!
    hugs and love ya!:heart:
    Ali
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update.....she will be kept in our prayers...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    l'll definitely keep praying too Tami. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow that poor woman!
    I hope she'll come out of this and be okay. I'll be praying.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about her and i often check the "friends of shellie" page..... h ope she will get well soon and i will continue praying for her:heart:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: still praying. :heart: :heart: for her, her baby, and all her friends and family :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have been praying for her Tamaloo. :heart:
  • ShellyBee
    Options
    can you repost what happend to your friend? I am praying for her and her family!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Here is my original post ShellyBee.....should answer things....

Thanks everyone!! I truly hope she keeps fighting and comes out of this soon!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/24753-my-friend-needs-your-prayers?hl=my+friend+&page=1#posts-226783
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    The prayers are still coming from me.:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwww:brokenheart: Poor girl and family...My prayers are with them.:flowerforyou: :heart: But it seems she is a strong person and really fighting :flowerforyou: Which is awesome:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Well,

My friend has been moved from the hospital she was in to one in Atlanta. I guess they are better equipped to handle a case as serious as hers. They can keep her on a more gradual dialysis instead of off and on the doses she was on, which was really hard on her body.

Plus the hospital in Atlanta (St. Josephs) is where she works (In administration), and they really wanted to treat her. So, she is in good hands.

It's going to be a really long road for her no matter what. But, the fact that she is still here with us, fighing...says a lot! She wasn't supposed to live through the first night! She is fighting with every ounce she has to get back to everyone..(especially her new daughter!)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates! Sending more good thoughts her way!