Trying to loose weight after a baby.

Options
Why is it that my friends who have had babies..can just bounce back right back into their old clothes like nothing happened? I seem to be having the HARDEST time of my LIFE loosen my baby weight.. it's ridiculous, I honestly feel like quiting and saying i'm stuck being the fat mom forever. Everyone kept telling me...oh youre 19, or oh youre breast feeding the weight will come off so quick. WELL IT'S NOT! I just really feel so discouraged when I eat right and work out and try my very best to lose weight and only the results are a pound here and there..and they drop off like 20-30lbs of baby weight in like a month while still eating whatever.I know everyone's bodies are different and all, I just can't help but feel like i'm doing something completely wrong. I never had trouble loosing weight before, now it seems next to impossible. ='(

Replies

• kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I, too have a hard time losing baby weight....that's why I am here too. Best of luck, you can d this!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Baby weight is touch to lose. I gained 60 pounds with my son and luckily was able to breastfeed for almost the whole first year. I did not change anything but did lose 50 pounds. I've always been thin so this weight loss thing is tough but now that I am here, I am 7 away from my pre-pregnancy weight. My opinion is that you need to concetrate on nouishing your baby now because there is nothing better than breastmilk. The weight will come off in time. Just make the right choices but make sure you are getting enough for baby as well.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dont worry girl. I never lost mine that easily. Im not going to tell you it will be easy and ok because it wont! Some girls (like you and I ) just are not as lucky as some other girls out there who can drop weight easily and quickly. We have to work at it! So.... if you work at it and push hard, then yes it WILL be ok I wish it was easier for us kind of girls, but I wasnt given those lucky genes. Its frustrating I know but do NOT accept the fact that you will just be fat forever. Girl you can do it! You may have to work a bit harder but you can and will do it! Just do not let yourself get upset.. Take control and get moving. You have a baby, get that stroller out and start pushing it. Eat healthy and I promise you will lose it. You can do it girly! Best of luck to ya and no worries! Be stress free and happy, you have a beautiful baby! Now set your goals and get to it :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U can do it! It does take longer for some women more than others-keep eating healthy try to exercise when u can in the spare time u can-maybe a nice walk with the baby or home wprkouts with dvd's or treadmills,etc-I have an 8 wk old and I am also looking to lose weight and tone the body back to prepregnancy too-u can add me as a friend if you'd like to:-) good luck!
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Are you still breastfeeding? I found my body would not let go of the extra weight until I was done nursing..... like my body was in "protect baby" mode. Once I was done nursing and started changing up my workouts the weight came off.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Do we have the same friends??? I think I may be the only one who has kept on some of the weight ( I've lost 60 lbs of it) but its rough... I honestly think knowing what I know now , I would have made better choices when pregnant, I would have eaten differently and still worked out within my ability.... But you will get there, just keep at it, someone once told me, this is a marathon not a sprint...the end results are worth every bad day... :)
  • JeSSe_Lee
    Options
    It's definitly not an easy thing to do. It took me over a year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I still have like 10-15 lbs I want to lose before I'm satisfied! Good luck to you :)
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    After my first child I left the hospital in my pre pregnancy clothes :) was thrilled! Second time round was different my daughter is 7 months now and at Christmas I was back to my pre pregnancy weight - felt like I was a 'fatty' mummy for ages and others were in their regular clothes almost immediately!!

Have you tried Zumba?? I have heard so many people say it is great for losing baby weight especially the wobbly tummy. I do it now as although I am losing weight my tummy is staying wobbly :( Been doing it for almost 2 weeks and definitely noticing a difference

Good luck
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, girl. My son is 3 months old and I've lost 25 lbs since delivery (I gained 40), but I think I'm one of those women that holds onto the weight while breastfeeding. Do your best- and worry about how you feel more than the number on the scale! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mdaniella
    mdaniella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just stopped breastfeeding this last week.. since she was teething so bad while trying to eat, and it hurt. I tried to get her to stop bitting but it didn't happen so I had to stop. :( BUT she got breastfed for the first 5 months so i'm proud of that.

I try to walk and workout everyday.. I'm planning on bumping up my workouts for a couple weeks since it should help!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well it took 9 months to put it on........ :D

I'm right there with you though. I didn't have the easiest time losing the weight the first go round and now after the 2nd baby... it feels even harder, although I'm working at it a lot harder. Watching what you eat, but eating enough especially if you're nursing and just getting in some cardio AND strength training. It will eventually happen and we're all here for support!!!!!!