What's up!

Options
I'm new .... . My doctor has informed me that I need to lose 80 lbs to be at a healthy weight. I now weight 245. Any suggestions on how to get started moving. My biggest problem is that I'm not active enough. Any advice will do... I know I have a weaknest for breads and sweets. But I've made up my mind....I'm gonig to do it!! :smile:

Replies

• tnielsen2
    Options
    this might be funny, but one of the ways I stay motivated is by watching the biggest loser while working out :) lol
  • emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You've taken the first step just in deciding to change your life - go you!

I'm not an exercise lover naturally, but I find group classes really motivating. Especially Zumba because you're having so much fun you barely notice that you're working out!

Good luck!
  • Georgie_P
    Options
    Hi Felicia!!

I'm 46 and started where you are .. My dr walked into the exam room in November and told me I wasn't going to be able to give my new Hubby the 30 years I promised!! You *CAN* do this!! Rememebr we didn't get ourselves into this yesterday and we can only make changes one day at a time!

We are all here for each other!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Find something fun- dancing, Zumba, and get into it! Music is a huge factor for me, if I have good music I'm all set.
    Track your calories- this is the BEST website for it, and just watch what happens! Be consistent, and you can do this!!
  • alexis39
    Options
    I am new to MyFitnesspal. It is a great idea to keep track of what you eat and what exercise you do everyday. I thank my daughter for reminding me everyday to go to myfitnesspal and input what I have done each day.:love: