Hello from Kansas - here I go....

Options
My name is Kathleen, mother of four (26, 23 and 9 yr old twins)... I'm gonna make this work this time - logging what you eat and how you exercise is accountabilty! I have about 30 pounds to lose so good luck to everyone out there.

5070790.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I also live in Kansas.
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    good luck!.... im in north west arkansas!
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome..and i would like to wish you good luck w/ your journey...feel free to add me
  • illinibowhunter
    Options
    Good luck!

I have definitely noticed that by counting calories it definitely helps to keep you accountable. I know for me personally I strive to hit my calorie goals each day and have only gone over once in the past month (stupid super bowl party). Then adding in the exercise on top of it just helps to seal the deal.

My girlfriend and I alternate between going to the gym and doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred work out video. We are both happy with the results we've seen so far.

Best of luck to you!
  • gooteek
    Options
    Welcome! I am from Wichita, Kansas and just started on the site last month and love it. I have found so many good tips and workouts from other MFP members, this site rocks!

Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey Wichita, KS here! Welcome and good luck feel free to add me :)
  • jenh1101
    Options
    Good luck! I'm also a mom of 4.
  • KParrick
    Options
    Thanks - Guess we'll all do this together!!
  • KParrick
    Options
    39 pounds - that is awesome! you are now my inspiration! :) Hope you don't mind!:happy:
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    39 pounds - that is awesome! you are now my inspiration! :) Hope you don't mind!:happy:

Haha nope don't mind. Where in KS do you live - I am Wichita area.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Kansas City here. This is a great place for motivation and support. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends.
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    Hey there, Kansas City here. This is a great place for motivation and support. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends.

I used to live in Olathe, I miss the KC area :(
  • CalorieNinja
    Options

• Woodman725
    Options

I have not lived in Olathe, but grew up just south in Spring Hill and now live just north in Shawnee. I love the area. Kansas is a great state! While in school in Manhattan, I worked with a job where I traveled all over the state from Liberal to Wichita to Kansas City and I loved seeing all (well most) of it.
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    I am not fond of the drive from Emporia to Wichita (via turnpike)
  • Woodman725
    Options
    I am not fond of the drive from Emporia to Wichita (via turnpike)

Yeah, that drive sucks. I have driven from Emporia to Manhattan like a thousand times and that is still not as bad. The turnpike is not pleasant but parts of I-70 are tolerable. I love the Flint Hlls!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm a Kansan too! I live in Lawrence- home to the University of Kansas. (Go jayhawks!)

Best of luck to you! You'll do amazingly!
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    Kansan myself, also!! North Central Kansas, stay at home mom to 3 kids, photographer to pay the bills. Welcome!! Only been on here since Jan 25th and I LOVE it!!! It makes you SO aware of what you put in your mouth, what you plan to put in your mouth and what you want to put in your mouth...lol. It's a great site! Feel free to friend me!! Good Luck! You can do it!!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Welcome and hello from SE Kansas!!!! :happy: This is a wonderful community!
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    Yay! I'm a Kansan too! I live in Lawrence- home to the University of Kansas. (Go jayhawks!)

Best of luck to you! You'll do amazingly!

Oh you gotta friend me!! lol...ROCK CHALK!!!