Biggest loser wii game... dissapointment !!

Options
Had this game a while now didnt stick with it first time round didnt have a HRM when i first used it and now i do i'm dissapointed in the calculations !!! Its badly out of calorie sync my workout for 39 mins on there showed i only burnt 60 calories burnt yet my HRM showing a hugely bigger amount at 262 !!! Also its put 4lbs onto my weight i went back and checked with wii fit plus ( where i've been weighing myself- this says similar to the dr ) just incase i had a 4ib gain in like 5 days and there was no gain... The workouts however are great and really make you burn and sweat but i would recommend that you invest in a HRM to track calories with this game

Replies

• mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i have the your shape and thats gives you to many calories lol but i love it . i have the biggest loser 2 only been on it 2 prefer your shape .
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    is your shape the xbox game?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah its the xbox kinect game. I love it.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love the game but i agree you need a HRM and that is going to my next investment.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i bought this game for myself last yr and it is total cr*p!
    they could come up with something better that this...
  • wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm glad to hear others are dissappointed with wii biggest loser game too. I wondered if it was just me. I was so frustrated when I worked out for 30 minues and burned 60 calories. I nearly cried! The unfortunate thing is I invested in it, and won't ever use it. This means that I have to apply our rule of rent the game first before deciding to buy. Too bad many game rentals don't seem to have fitness games!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Haha, same I have only ever done it once, could think of ways to use my half an hour to burn way more cals than it was telling me. I need a HRM.
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    as much as i love exercising for about 30 mins a day , it doesn't burn off as many calories , as doing an hours worth of housework non stop :smile:
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    i bought this game for myself last yr and it is total cr*p!
    they could come up with something better that this...

Thats what i thought especially as it has such good press as a tv show
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    I'm glad to hear others are dissappointed with wii biggest loser game too. I wondered if it was just me. I was so frustrated when I worked out for 30 minues and burned 60 calories. I nearly cried! The unfortunate thing is I invested in it, and won't ever use it. This means that I have to apply our rule of rent the game first before deciding to buy. Too bad many game rentals don't seem to have fitness games!

I know it was dissapointing thats why i gaveup on it the first time !! 60calories when i was sweating buckets did u notice the scales were out of sync with that game too ?
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    as much as i love exercising for about 30 mins a day , it doesn't burn off as many calories , as doing an hours worth of housework non stop :smile:

I don't mind the exercises though they do give you a good burn and a good sweat they just dont sync very well it may as well just be a dvd
  • F4play
    F4play Posts: 21
    Options
    I would can it and buy a jump rope :-)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it's already on my list to buy!
    my kids will think i'm mad but hey...who cares!
  • cafemocha1124
    cafemocha1124 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm glad u guys posted this i've been wanting to guy this but now i wont waste my time
  • raycole83
    raycole83 Posts: 28
    Options
    Funny, I did 20 minutes and burned 110 calories. I know I was messing up somewhere but when they say to hold the wii remote in your right or left hand or put it in your right or left pocket, you HAVE to do it. I was placing it on my couch and I know that's why it wasn't counting the exercises I was doing. So, all in all, it is still a great game/workout as long as you follow their plans and remember that you're not doing it to JUST burn your required calories but to also gain the strength and build the muscle and tone yourself up... Give it another chance and remember to do what it tells you to do...
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I bought the second one! I didn't like the first one. Ah well there's always ebay!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So is it the calorie counter thats crap or the game itself? I would like to know. The replies are all over the place. I have a heart rate monitor w/chest strap so if the actual workouts are good I think I would want to get it.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree. I got it for my birthday last year and I feel guilty but I hate it!
    I do love the EA Sports Active 1 and 2. Well worth the money. I use my hrm with them as well. I find the calculations are close, but I want as close to accurate as possible. Love my hrm!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't think the problem is the calorie counter or the game persay...it's the timing of the player. The calorie bar in the game only registers when you are "in sync" with your trainer. Meaning, if you don't step when Bob steps, the game won't count the calories. I find this very frustrating as well as I'm sweating my a** off and no calorie count. As has been stated, a HRM would be better used with this game.
    I guess that the requirement of being in sync with the trainer is the "game" part of it. After I realized what was happening, I did concentrate more on mirroring Bob's movements exactly and according to the game, burned significantly more calories.